Chit Chat
Options

DH is conspiring something

My DH is being a shady character these past few weeks, especially this week.  My 30th birthday was this past Thursday.  He left at 4:30am that day for a golf weekend in Myrtle Beach.  He had made dinner for me the night before and we had cake.  I didn't mind that he left on my actual birthday, I knew he was excited about the trip. 

We agreed to not really do gifts since we went on a big vacation back in February (on his birthday actually) to Hawaii. . . .we decided that was a joint birthday gift.  In February I invited a bunch of his friends to a bar to celebrate his birthday before we left. . . . nothing too fancy.

Like a month ago he mentioned that we would be having dinner with friends of ours this upcoming Friday.  This couple NEVER plans more than a day or two in advance, so I thought it was odd, but whatever.

Fast forward to this week.  Yesterday he casually mentioned that he was at my parents' house cutting some trees down for them.  I asked why and he stated that my mother thought that people might be at the house after services for my Uncle Jesse, who passed away, Thursday and Friday.  There is no way people will be at my mom's house for that. . . . Jesse lived 5 minutes away, people will be at his house with his wife. 

He is checking the weather alot and texted by manager for my weekend job about me being off Saturday.  She responded when I was actually using his phone for something unrelated.  He explained that I should have the day off in case we are out late Friday night.  That doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm convinced that he is planning something and i'm kinda excited about it!!!

Re: DH is conspiring something

• Options

He's definitely planning something. Nobody texts your boss about having the day off in case you have a late dinner. I can't help but get excited reading your post!

You'll have to update us and let us know what happened.

Anniversary
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I'm excited too!!!!  I am such a snoop, i'm awful with surprises, so you know I am trying to figure it out!
  • Options
    Ooh I am in the middle of planning a surprise b-day party for FI and I can totally appreciate your DH's efforts. That shit is hard to do on the sly!! So excited for you, can't wait for the update!
  • Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    Ahhh I love surprises!!!! Sounds like he is definitely up to something!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FH wanted to do a surprise for my 2nd 29th birthday but he kept asking me for my friends' numbers and than made a FB event and invited me. His birthday is in August and I definitely want to do a surprise. I will probably try to get a few of his college buddies to come and host something in Wisconsin Dells, our roommate has a timeshare there so I can have him book the rooms. I will probably tell him that we can't do anything because the only weekend his friends are free is the one weekend he has plans with HS friends.

You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

And I was right!!  After the funeral on Friday I went shopping with my sister for a bit, then came home.  DH suggested going out for a bit before dinner.  We went to the winery where I work for a glass of wine.  As we were sitting there he claimed to get an email from the friend whose house we were going to dinner at, even though his phone didn't buzz.  He claimed the friend was running late getting out of work so we should stop at my mom's to visit first.  Then DH said we had to stop for red bull because he was tired.  He doesn't even drink Red Bull anymore!

We get the red bull and approach my mom's house where there are about  15 cars parked on the street.  He had hired a pizza truck to make amazing brick oven pizzas, there was music and a tent.  He even got gluten free beer and non-alcoholic beer to accomodate guests with certain restrictions. 

Sooooo much fun.

Then on Sunday, we went to MA for his JAG interview and it seems like it went really, really well.  Great weekend!

• Options
    That sounds amazing! I can't believe how much effort he went to, he sounds like a great guy :)
  • Options
    The pizza truck thing sounds so cool!!  I wish we had something like that here.  Glad you had a good time

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards