Moms and Maids
Options

Critique my MOH toast?

It just hit me that my best friend's wedding is only two weeks away...How did time go by that fast??

I've started writing my MOH toast and this is just a first draft, but I'd appreciate any feedback from you guys!  :)

"Hi, my name is *me*. I’ve known *bride* since… what, freshmen year of high school? Our families first knew each other through Little League, but I think we first really bonded in the 9th grade, sitting in the back of Sr. Larios’s Spanish class writing parodies of N Sync songs. And of course, learning mucho Espanol.

You’ve been my best friend pretty much ever since then, and really at this point you’re more of a sister. I love you, and it’s been just an honor having you in my life. I’m so happy for you. You’ve truly found your other half in *groom* and I know you have a lifetime of happiness together. Here's to *bride* and *groom*."

Thoughts?

Re: Critique my MOH toast?

• Options
    the "what since high school" is cheesy. 

Can you make it more about the bride AND groom? Right now it's about you and the bride, which I, personally, don't think is appropriate. The length is good. 
  • Options

Yeah, I'll probably tweak the high school part. I know it's a bit cheesy - I have a little stage fright and when I speak in public it helps if what I'm saying is in a more conversational tone so I can pretend I'm in a more intimate setting. :)

I'm not particularly fond of the groom and I was hoping I could get away with a minimal nod in his direction. However, I am happy that they're happy, so I'll try to think of something else to include him.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Options
    I'll keep it short, I promise. :)
  • Options
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards