Pre-wedding Parties
Options

pre-party

This si just an idea im throwing out there that we are using and maybe you can too. One of our groomsman has asked us if we could have one or two get togethers before the actual rehearsal dinner so that way the wedding party can get to know eachother a little bit before our wedding. So that way it wasnt too akward for them and they can be more themselves. I personally think this is a great idea. So now im sharing for you alk to enjoy. Hipe it hepls!

Re: pre-party

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    This si just an idea im throwing out there that we are using and maybe you can too. One of our groomsman has asked us if we could have one or two get togethers before the actual rehearsal dinner so that way the wedding party can get to know eachother a little bit before our wedding. So that way it wasnt too akward for them and they can be more themselves. I personally think this is a great idea. So now im sharing for you alk to enjoy. Hipe it hepls!

Certainly great that this works for you. Whatever you do, though, do not make it mandatory.

I have no idea why it would be even remotely "awkward" for a group of adults to meet up on rehearsal day (or your wedding day for that matter) for the first time. DH & I have been in over a dozen weddings combined, and none had "meet and greet" sessions.

You introduce yourself to people you don't know, and you go about your business. NBD.

• Options
    I've never heard of this, but it's not uncommon in my circle to have an after-rehearsal party thrown for the couple. It's usually done by the bride or groom's parents' friends (usually 20 or more of them pitch in) & is for everyone to relax and have fun together the night before the big day.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    No harm, no foul if your friends have the time and interest.  Although they are not mandatory to attend, I would think a bachelor/bachelorette party and/or shower would afford an opportunity for this to happen as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards