Catholic Weddings
Options

Honoring St. Faustina

My wedding date is October 5, the feast day of St. Faustina. I would like to honor her in some way but don't know how. Does anyone have any ideas? I already put her in my wedding invitation...that our wedding is also her feast day. Thanks!! =)

Re: Honoring St. Faustina

• Options
    You could buy or make up holy cards with her picture on the front, and have either just a general prayer on the back (like, if you buy pre-made ones,) or you could personalize the back with your names and wedding date and write a prayer asking her to pray for your marriage or something. You could give the cards out at the church or at the reception, and maybe even have people read the prayer out loud at the reception, like as part of grace or something. (a friend of mine got married on the feast of St. Joseph, and did something similar.)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks, that is a great idea! I wonder how my guests would receive it, and if maybe it could be done at the church (if we did pre-made ones) so that any left over could be used by people going to Mass that weekend rather than guests who might not be interested...I do like the personalized idea though. I don't know, definitely some food for thought! Thank you!
  • Options
    oh good point. I meant to add that you should modify it based on how many of your guests are Catholic and would appreciate/understand it. I agree that if the majority aren't Catholic, you might not want to make it a huge "here we're all doing this" thing...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yeah, both of our family backgrounds are Catholic but not a huge percentage really practice or would probably even consider themselves that way. And unfortunately, St. Faustina is slightly out of the mainstream for even practicing Catholics (she was for me until just the past couple years or so). I've gotten positive feedback on including her in the invitations (they haven't gone out yet but I asked people what they thought before I had them printed) - everyone loved it, but then again I was soliciting advice from close family and friends who of course would also be super jazzed about something like that, haha. Or maybe some of them were just trying to please me, who knows. All I know is, I'm torn between what to pursue - would people not appreciate/misunderstand, or would it end up being really wonderful for that one person or two people or however many, who have totally been missing out and would love to know more about her and Divine Mercy! There was a first time that I heard about those things after all, too! But now I worry that I'm getting away from the original goal, which is really just to honor her, and obviously God. (Also, will definitely be honoring Mary during the ceremony! Flowers, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards