Wedding Woes
Options

I need cream cheese recipes

I bought 3 blocks because it was cheap and we were having and going to a bunch of parties.  Except I never ended up with a recipe to use them.  Other than on a bagel how can I use them up? 

Re: I need cream cheese recipes

• Options
    Jalapeno poppers! Wrapped in bacon!
  • Options

Italian sausage

16oz cream cheese

1 can of rotel, drained

Makes a nice sausage dip for tortilla chips.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

I hate jalapenos. 

So here's a stupid question, do you just sit at home and eat dip?  I seem to only make them for parties.

• Options
    Weezy56Weezy56 member
    Breakfast casserole

Brown 1 lb of ground sausage and mix in 1 block of cream cheese. in a separate bowl mix 12 eggs and 1/2 cup milke and 1 cup shredded cheese. mix everything together. lay down raw crescent roll dough in a baking dish and pour mixture over it. sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese and bake at 350-375 for 25 mins.

Not really party-ish but it's delectable. especially with maple syrup on top. mmmmm.
  • Options
    I usually only make dips for parties/g2gs, but if I'm making a new dip, I do a trial before.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

i actually sit at home and eat dip. i like it with crackers or tortilla chips. i know it sounds weird, but it's a good snack or lunch some days when i want to just grab something without any prep work or cooking.

also you can add a dollop of cream cheese to tomato sauce to make it into a tomato cream sauce the way you would mascarpone.

pretty sure you can freeze it, too.

• Options
    Cheese cake.

and I also agree about freezing.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    the texture gets 'off' for me if I freeze it--but it still works for most things.

I vote for the oreo truffles.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

I like the Oreo truffles and dunking it in tomato sauce.  I have a little time before it goes bad, but texture wouldn't matter as much in a tomato sauce. 

Maybe I'll do a dip too. 

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    make the kids cream cheese on toast for breakfast a few days in a row.
  • Options

Unwrap block, acquire spoon, enjoy.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You can make fettucine alfredo w/ cream cheese.  I tried that out when I found myself with extra cream cheese blocks and it was suprisingly delicious.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    i am not surprised. cream cheese is delicious.
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Cranberry cheesecake bars. Super easy to make. I'm sure there is a recipe out there, but I just combined three to make it happen. This is easier to make in winter when cranberries are fresh, but you could do it with cherries or strawberries and it would be just as good.

Use a graham cracker crust recipe for the crust (pretty much just butter, sugar and graham cracker), a cheesecake recipe. For the cranberry topping I bring a cup of sugar and a cup of orange juice to a boil then add 16oz of cranberries. Cook until they start to pop and refrigerate. Then all you do is cook the cheesecake bars per instructions and add the cranberry topping. Again, you can probably find a similar recipe using cherries or strawberries for summer.

This is a big hit at my house. I make it to use up the left over cranberry sauce after holidays.

• Options
    Make a peanut butter pie!  It's been awhile since I made one of these, but I think this is the basic recipe:

CRUST
    Crush one normal package of Oreos into crumbs.  Combine with some butter (3-4 tbsp?) and press into pie plate.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until set.

FILLING
    - Whip 1c heavy cream until stiff peaks form.  Set aside
    - In stand mixer, combine 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1 c creamy peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 tbsp butter
    - Fold whipped cream into peanut butter/cream cheese mixture and pour into pie shell when combined
    - Chill in fridge for several hours before serving

Optional: top with a layer of chocolate ganache.  I tend to go for a bitter ganache (unsweetened chocolate) to cut some of the sweet richness of the pie.  Alternately, you could probably halve the sugar in the filling and still have a delicious pie.

• Options
    Make a carrot cake with a cream cheese frosting.  Mmmmmmm.......
    Im your huckleberry gif Val Kilmer Tombstone Imgur
  • Options
    http://mychocolatemoments.com/2011/10/28/chocolate-chip-cheesecake-dip/

Cheesecake dip. Cut up some fruit for dipping and kids love it. At least my nieces love it. I omit the brown sugar though to keep it from being too sweet. There's also a version that uses frozen whipped topping instead of butter, which I prefer anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

This is requires more than just cream cheese (and more of a family dinner than a party recipe), but we really liked this one:

http://cleverlyinspired.blogspot.jp/2011/02/angel-chickenslow-cooker.html

Also, the buffalo chicken dip is a really good one too. I usually bring a pot of this with some tortilla chips to family get togethers:

http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-buffalo-chicken-dip-246166

p.s. i love crockpots :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Stuffed french toast for breakfast!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Ha LS!  Our strawberry patch is really putting out some good stuff and DH said the same thing.
  • Options
    I'm coming over! I'll bring the coffee.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Make what is known as ghetto dip in my circle.  Easiest thing ever.  Take one block of cream cheese, and one can of chili (beans, no beans, turkey, beef, whatever). 

place cream cheese in microwaveable container.  Pour chili over it.  Microwave for 1 minute intervals, stirring after each until dip is combined and all the cheese is melted (aka no chunks).

Serve with Tortilla Chips or Frito Scoops like we do at home...  

This one is good too...

It's a cheesecake dip that's a little more figure friendly...  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cream cheese frosting is excellent on almost anything.  Or nothing, if you prefer.  (I've had it both ways.)
  • Options
    I like to make a cheesecake fruit dip, really good with strawberries. And you can make a little or a lot. I usually make it as I need it ( one bowl full at a time). Needed items: softened cream cheese, spray whip cream ( frozen works too, but it needs to be softened too), any sugar you want ( I use white). Mix cheese and whip cream, then sweeten to taste. And then serve with cut fruit.
  • Options
    I also like to make a cracker snack with it. I like to eat sun dried tomato turkey, cream cheese and town house crackers. Yumm yumm
  • Options
    mix it with mayo, lime jello and cool whip.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

hmonkey said:
    mix it with mayo, lime jello and cool whip.
    Not mayo silly.  Cottage cheese!  Gotta have some texture.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My nephew makes a "beer dip" with cream cheese.

1 block cream cheese - softened
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1/2 can of beer, any beer will do
    Hidden Valley Ranch packet

Combine everything together, chill for an hour and serve with pretzels, chips or crackers.  It is very good!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Options

My nephew makes a "beer dip" with cream cheese.

1 block cream cheese - softened
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1/2 can of beer, any beer will do
    Hidden Valley Ranch packet

Combine everything together, chill for an hour and serve with pretzels, chips or crackers.  It is very good!!!

I can't figure out if this sounds really horrid...or really ossum.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards