Wedding Reception Forum

Decor Table setup ?

our colors are hot pink, yellow, and orange, we are planning on having white chair covers with hot pink satin sashes, either yellow white chevon zig zag runners, or solid orange or yellow runners. But the question is should the table cloth be white or one of the colors in the theme? Also if anyone knows a cheap place for chevron runners please let me know thanks.

Re: Decor Table setup ?

• White. The rest of the colors are so ridiculously bright you will need to have something that is toned down.
  • just want to mention something. bright colors and chevrons are both super trendy right now. you may want to omit one of them for a less bright color to even things out. just a thought.

• White table clothes for sure. Don't overwhelm your tables with color. What kind/color of centerpieces are you thinking of?

If you're crafty, you can check out a Joanne's or Hobby Lobby for chevron fabric. I've seen a lot of it in craft stores lately. Table runners are relatively easy to make. smartyhadaparty.com and linentablecloth.com also have tons of colors. 
  • Definitely white - otherwise you might blind some of your guests :-)
  • I am going with white, i had a designer friend do a virtual mock up and the colored would have been to much. This is the look I am going for. yellow runners that will have made, white cloths, pink and yellow roses, & peonies, but the vase will be wrapped in a paper and ribbon chevron and mixed colors like the picture minus the mothers day tags lol 
  • I like the picture of the table setting you posted; it's a good mix of bright colors. Again though, that's a lot of color so I would keep everything else (e.g. china) pretty neutral. 

Honestly though, I'm not a fan of the wrapped vases. Way too busy and distracting from the bright, beautiful flowers. I really like the idea of stark white vases with a huge pop of flower colors. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards