Honeymoon Discussions

XP: The Royal Playa del Carmen?

Does anyone have any experience with this AI? Any thoughts?
Anniversary

Re: XP: The Royal Playa del Carmen?

• not personally but it always gets good reviews. tripadvisor.com can give you tons of insight.

• Not the one in Playa but the one in Cancun yes. As a matter of fact we just got back from that one a couple months ago(our second time there).

I have a review(including excursions) and pics in the link above my siggy pic from the Cancun Royal.

Not sure how much that will help but I do know the rooms (interior) are similar if not the same.

Other wise, check out TripAdvisor.
  • Thanks ladies!
    Anniversary
  • Loved the one in Cancun - rooms are great, all ocean view, food was good, service was excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about the place, though we liked Excellence Playa Mujeres just a touch more. Then I went to Royal PdC last year, expecting a similar experience. It could have been an off week but it was horrible, all of it. Sewage smell, obnoxious crowd, horrible food and wait times for dinner, service was way off. I can't even compare the two - the Cancun location is worlds better. Happy to answer any specific questions you might have. I know my experience is just one of many and typically the hotel does well. I can't recommend it though.
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • my sister stayed there a couple of years ago and liked it a lot: excellent service, great food. Stay away from the neighbouring (same chain) Gran Porto Real, service is terrible and food and drinks are mediocre. The beach in both these resorts is not the best since they're next to the dock, but the location is nice if you're looking for nightlife and shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards