Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Help

Looking for a good place to spend our honeymoon! 
I will list some of the things we want or don't want, and maybe some of you can recommend a good fit? Thank you! 

Here is some info:
$4,500 budget
Looking around Florida Keys or Caribbean
No Jamaica, Belize or Mexico (been there before)
Nice clear water, white sands
Want to snorkel

These next things would be optional, but we were trying to find a quiet place that maybe has golf carts to rent so we can wander around town and go exploring? We aren't against a resort, but we were hoping to find something a little different. We aren't into night life and we are just wanting to relax and get in the water and see the sights!
~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~

Re: Honeymoon Help

• It might be a little tight on your budget, but check out Crystals in St Lucia (http://www.stluciacrystals.com/)

It is seriously exactly what you see on that website. You need to rent a car, since it's up in the mountains and not walking distance to anything. All of the beaches in St Lucia are free, which will save you money for snorkeling. Some of the best snorkeling I've ever done was at Anse Chastanet, I think it was about a 30 minute drive from Crystals (it's the beach by the Jade Mountain Resort, but you don't have to stay there to get in).

Crystals hosts dinner several nights a week, and breakfast is included daily. There is a kitchen in at least some of the cabins, so you could save money by cooking some of your own food.

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • curacao.  no golf carts but rent a car and explore the whole island.  exceotional snorkeling and a great island 

i know you said no mexico but isla holbox sounds like a perfect fit for you.

• MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    thank you guys for the awesome suggestions! I have been doing alot of research but its always nice to talk to someone who has actually been to these places. Our budget may be a little flexible, but that was the number we came up with for now. thanks!!!!
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards