Plus-Sized

apointments on same day?

i have an apt on the 22nd to look at some boney gowns a salon is getting on loan for me
i have emailed a few other salons in my are as well to see about some allure gowns i liked.. 
and one place about some julietta gowns..
the 15th a sat i have open to look at gowns. i was thinking of making an apt at the place that has the julietta as i fell in love with those gowns when i got engaged,
then i was thinking of making an apointment on that same day to check out the allure gowns
and still continue to go to the apt on the 22nd to see the boney gowns.

did anyone else hit a few salons to try on dresses before making a decision?
i wish there was one salon in ct that had all 3 designers  i know klienfeidls in nyc has every designer but not making a trip up there want to do things local 
the julietta is more in my price range i first put my budget at 1500 but now i want to get a designer gown for a ittle over 1,000 or under and i know its possible 

Re: apointments on same day?

• I did two salons in one day. You could do 3 if you spaced them out correctly and allowed for enough travel time in between.    The only thing I suggest is, if you find a dress that you love, cancel the other appointments.  If you walk away from the dress and then go try on a dozen other dresses, it will just confuse you.

• SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

I did 2 appointments in one day because my Mom, cousin and friend had to travel over an hour to the stores, so I wanted to do as much as possible in one day.  I had a 9 am appointment, then a 2 pm appointment, which gave us some time for lunch in the middle.  I did David's Bridal in the morning (thinking that perhaps I would use David's to narrow down dress shapes I liked on me), then hit a fancier bridal salon in the afternoon.  Went to both appointments, but drove back to David's after the 2 pm appointment to go back to David's and buy the dress I fell in love with that morning!

I say go for it, just space it out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • on the 15th sat i have an apointment with a place 15 minutes from me to try on morliee julietta dresses she specalizes in plus and  i know i will be able to try on many gowns... 

then on the 22nd the following saturday i have an apointment with a bridal salon who is getting 3 bonny samples on loan for me to try on...  i will know after the second apointment which dress i love and want to put a downpayment on 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards