Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Fireside Themed Wedding Ideas

I am trying to plan a fireside/fireplace themed wedding. I would like the reception space to feel like it's completely lit by candles and, hopefully, by a fireplace. (still looking for a large enough venue with a fireplace) Some ideas that I've had so far are to include a s'mores bar and a hot drink bar, and possibly giving pashmina scarves or glass irish coffee mugs as favors. I've been looking for ideas online, but all the themes I've found are more casual and for smaller weddings. Can I still keep this theme on a larger scale, and still keep it somewhat formal? Any ideas?

Re: Fireside Themed Wedding Ideas

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am biased, but I my venue, the Pittsburgh Golf Club (www.thepittsburghgolfclub.com) is simply stunning.  It has a fireplace with a mantle in the main reception room, and we're actually having our ceremony there as well.  I think they can fit ~200 but I dont know for sure.

Mayernik holds 150ish and has a fireplace I think.  It's more rustic-looking that the PGC and is more affordable.

Also, I think its a really cute theme and you can definitely make it formal..google s'more station wedding and you'll get lots of stuff that could work in a larger, formal wedding.  I think there was a smore bar featured on simplyperfectweddings.net, the site of a wedding planner in pittsburgh.
  • williaam2williaam2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just nebbing around for favor ideas on offbeat bride and found these: http://offbeatbride.com/2010/10/smores-favors

I love the gourmet flavors!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards