Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridal Shower Guests

My Fiance and I work at the same place, not to a big company, but to many people to invite to a wedding. My fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselfs so we decided no one from work instead only a couple work people. Now my aunt is throwing me a bridal shower and she is pushing me to invite some of the girls from work. I really want too but I don't know if there is a way without it looking tacky or distasteful. I was thinking I could write no gifts on the invites. I don't want it to seem like I'm just in it for the presents. These women are my friends and they have seen my relationship grow with my fiance, its not their fault were broke. Is there a tasteful way to invite people to a bridal shower even though they are not invited to the wedding?

Re: Bridal Shower Guests

• nmsanmsa member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Your first instinct is right - it would be tacky. There is not a tasteful way to invite people to a gift-giving event for the wedding (or any event related to the wedding) without also inviting them to the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    No, there isn't a tasteful way to invite people to a bridal shower who are not invited to the wedding. 

I'd say to your aunt, "Aunt, I'm grateful for the shower, but only wedding guests can be invited.  That doesn't include anyone from work.  Please consider the subject closed now."
  • No, there is no way. It would come off as very rude and gift grabby. 
  • Anyone invited to the shower must also be invited to the wedding. Tell your aunt you appreciate her consideration but she should follow the guest list you provided (which only has wedding guests on it!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards