California-Orange County
Options

HELP!! LOOKING FOR A VENUE FOR 50-60 PEOPLE--->FOR CHEAP!!

Hi,

I am looking for a small outdoor "vintage" style venue for both the ceremony and reception hopefully by the ocean/lake, for about 50-60 people. One that doesn't cost an arm and a leg...will do 2 separate places if I need to. Budget is $1200 for the rental place(s) which hopefully includes everything, except food. 

Re: HELP!! LOOKING FOR A VENUE FOR 50-60 PEOPLE--->FOR CHEAP!!

• Options

Here is a post where a few people recommend Heritage Park in Dana Point. I'm not sure if it is all inclusive or not, but worth a look. http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/554434/budget-friendly-venue#latest

And this is another post about low cost beach weddings. http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/554868/help-need-ideas-for-cheap-beach-wedding-in-southern-cali-or-locations-for-cheap-destination#latest

I didn't look into ocean/lake side so these are all I've got from past posts! Hopefully they help!

• Options
    thank you so much!!! I will look into the places I read about!!!
  • Options

You are welcome! Good luck.

I started a post at the top of the board for vendor reviews. So if you think about it (after your wedding), post reviews to help future couples out!

• Options
    I just booked my venue at the Huntington Beach Newland House Museum and Barn. This venue is a city owned venue. There is a large grassy area and you can also use the inside of the barn. They allow you to use your own vendors they have tables and chairs available but you can not use them on the patio you have to keep them inside the barn. I am not a HB resident the price for the rental was about $1,000 for 10 hours plus a refundable $700 deposit. This venue is starting to get competitive because it is really cute and affordable. I wanted May 31 and showed up at about 7am an hour before they opened for reservations (you can book a year in advanced) and some other girl was waiting and had been camping out since 3am. We opted to go for the next Saturday June 7, showed up at 3:30am but no one else showed up. I think it's hit or miss whether you will have to get there early, if you really want it I would recommend showing up pretty early to camp out :-) Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I have a tour set up with Tivoli too. Its in Lauguna Canyon. Almost on the beach. It you book between June - August they have a discount price of $75 per person for 50-90ppl because its during the art festival. This great because it includes venue for ceremony & reception, food, unlimited, beer wine and champagune, wedding cake and floral. You get so much for you moneys worth and can stay around 3-5K for the whole wedding 
  • Options
    Just saw tivoli too as well June is all booked up on the good days for 2014 . Parking was a nightmare. The price is really good as Ashley mentioned .
  • Options
    It's not a waterfront site and it's ceremony only, but Oak Canyon Nature Center in Anaheim is $670 for a beautiful outdoor ceremony ($610 for residents).

The Wedgewood San Clemente might fit your budget depending on the package and you can see the ocean from their facility. It's really beautiful; if my guestlist wasn't so large I would have picked them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards