Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!

Morning ladies!
  Well I survived the workshops yesterday and it's back to my school today.  After work FI and I decided to go shopping for the HM.  On our way there, we spot a toddler (still in diapers) walking down the side of the highway BY HIMSELF!  We panicked a little and pulled over.  Other cars were flying past him.  I called 911 while FI went and grabbed the little boy so he didn't get hit by all the passing cars.  The cops arrived just as someone claiming to be a relative (not a parent) screeched to a halt and wanted to know why strangers had his newphew.  The parents were called, but they couldn't get ahold of them.  The cops told us they'd take care of it and thanked us for calling.  After that FI and I were totally freaked out, but glad the child was safe.
  We made a detour to a sushi bar and had a few drinks to calm us down before our shopping trip.  FI managed to buy a pair of sandals and a bathing suit.  I bought a pair of sunglasses.  We are now ready to go!
  Atfer that crazy night we came home and went to bed.  Hope everyone has a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning, and TGI-almost-F! I'm here early *yawn*, but at least get to leave at 4. I need to go to bed earlier tonight for sure. I'm still ticked off that those people interested in my stuff on Craig's List have not responded to my emails. Is that normal? I have to wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if they aren't getting my emails. I checked my spam, and the sent box to make sure they were sent. Grr... oh well, at least one month from now I will be leaving for vacation! Cool

H- That is absolutely nuts! Poor kid... some people should not procreate!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    We had a good night with my dad last night. After work I went home and my dad was already there with FI - We all went to this great restaurant in KOP mall called California Cafe for dinner which was great - they had some REALLY yummy Sangria! After dinner we walked around the mall a bit and FI got some things for vacation next week! I got a belt and I'm also starting to buy my BM gifts so I don't have to spend a small fortune all at once since there are so many of them - lol! I decided to spread it out... Anyway, I am getting them a necklace for the wedding (along with some other things) but I'm getting each girl a different piece so yesterday I found this super cute necklace at Jcrew that was on sale! woohoo! I'm pretty excited about it! Well I hope everyone has a great day!

H - WOW! I can't even believe that! Where did this relative come from and WHY THE HECK WAS THE TODDLER WALKING ALONE ALONG THE HIGHWAY!! Yikes...

K - Sorry you're having problems with Craigslist... I've never used it (honestly, it sort of scares me and I don't really know why). Yay for getting done early today! How was the phone situation yesterday? Crazy as you anticipated it to be??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-71?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:88b9348c-59f1-4ccb-b111-b90f3df7e68bPost:c58fe981-d164-492e-a894-6ac33bde1a85">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] K - Sorry you're having problems with Craigslist... I've never used it (honestly, it sort of scares me and I don't really know why). Yay for getting done early today! How was the phone situation yesterday? Crazy as you anticipated it to be??
    Posted by gmc22[/QUOTE]

CL makes me a bit nervous too, as you have no idea who you're corresponding with and planning to meet. If I do sell on there, DH will be coming with me for sure to meet the person.

The phones weren't too bad yesterday- just came in spurts. I'm anticipating worse tom., since I'm closing the switchboard at 4 today and we are open until 5.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning All,

I woke up to some fantastic news, my BFF from Pittsburgh, is in labor!! They are estimating that she will deliver early afternoon. I'm very excited!!

Last night, we gave our puppy back. :( which was sad, but ok. Other than that we watched Top Chef and I made pizza.

H- Whoa! I hope the boy is ok!
    K- I've used craigslist for tickets, I would double check that you are sending the items to the person's email address and not to craigslist (which I think is how they come in...) either way, I'd keep trying, you'll find someone!
    GMC- your early planning continues to amaze me!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I just went home last night and relaxed and watched Lifetime and had dinner with DF. I drug myself to the gym for the first time this week this morning. Today my dad is meeting me for lunch and then I have an event for work this evening. I am hoping to bug out a little earlier than 8:00, which is what time it is over. I'm super pumped about the cake topper I ordered last night from an Etsy seller. She makes personalized toppers out of clay, here's her site!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/lynnslittlecreations?ga_search_query=lynns+little+creations&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

H- WTF? Why was the kid alone? That's so terrible! You guys were so right to stop and call the police! I can't believe the relative was angry. I swear some people should be allowed to have kids.

Kim- Selling things online can be tough. Are they things you can put on Ebay? I've sold things on there before!

G- That sounds like a nice night with your DF and dad! Yay for BM gift being on sale. I really need to think about that SOON!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jl- That's exciting, GL to your BFF! Will you and DH be godparents do you think? I just checked my "sent" box and it looks like the emails are going to actual people. So strange!

ros- I have no experience with Ebay- it actually intimidates me b/c I really don't fully understand how it works. I may just try Trash to Treasure.... btw, those toppers are adorable! Are you getting one the looks like you and DF?
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning all!  Last night FI and I had a dance lesson and then a group class, and in between we ran to dinner (Rick Bayless's quick-order Xoco, for you Top Chef Masters watchers), but the wait for a table was so long we got take out and ate it sitting in a bus stop on the bench- ha :)  Other than that, just working on wedding stuff to the max!  More dance tonight, then I leave tomorrow morning for my bachelorette party in Martha's Vineyard!

Heather, that story is INSANE.  Thank goodness you stopped!
    Kim, that's totally normal for Craiglist- I would re-list your stuff if it's been a few days.  There's no accountability there, so people will just not follow up all the time.
    Gianna, glad you had a good dinner with your dad!  Your BM necklace sounds really cute.
    Jamie, good labor vibes for your friend, so exciting!!
    Trisha, those cake toppers are so cute!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jen- Have a wonderful time at your bachelorette party! What will you be doing in Martha's Vineyard? I've never been there, but heard it's so lovely.

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kim :)  We're not doing the typical bachelorette boa and penis straw stuff, haha.  I'm just going with my three best girlfriends and staying at one of their family summer homes and relaxing and shopping and drinking fancy cocktails- can't wait!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - now that's my idea of an amazing bachelorette party!! ENJOY and safe travels!!

Jl - sorry you had to give the puppy back!! :( but YAY for your BFF having her baby!

ros- CUTE cake topper! Love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-71?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:88b9348c-59f1-4ccb-b111-b90f3df7e68bPost:33234064-e7da-4bd8-98bd-298d5419b58d">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Kim :)  We're not doing the typical bachelorette boa and penis straw stuff, haha.  I'm just going with my three best girlfriends and staying at one of their family summer homes and relaxing and shopping and drinking fancy cocktails- can't wait!
    Posted by LaFemmeRousse[/QUOTE]

That sounds perfect! Enjoy!
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim- Yeah we aren't sure what little props we're going to put on them just yet! DF saw one that she made with a dead deer and the guy in camo and I was like umm that's a little much, I don't think so!

Jen- Have fun! That sounds like a blast!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards