Illinois-Chicago

Reception where Bar is NOT in the same room as dancing?

NermalsaurasNermalsauras member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited June 2013 in Illinois-Chicago

We love one venue for our reception.  Our only concern is that: the bar is not located in the same room as the dancing (it's a short distance away)

We do not want to bring "bar stations" into the main room because we are expecting on having a rather large wedding.  The volume of mixed drinks being made off of a table + all the people = slow to get a drink!

SO has anyone been to a wedding or had your wedding where the bar was not in the same room as the dancing?

If so, did everyone spend their time in the bar and NOT on the dance floor having fun? 

I would hate for the next day to think to myself: "It would have been so fun if people weren't leaving all the time to get a drink!"

Please help! :)

Re: Reception where Bar is NOT in the same room as dancing?

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Yes I have been to a few weddings where the bar is in the next room. Honestly, IMO it did feel like two different parties. Those who wanted to dance and those who wanted to drink. But on the plus side, if the bar is still pretty close, like in the next room. The bar goers will still be able to hear the music while talking. Then they can join the dance party when they like a song.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for your advice! We haven’t booked yet.  It is still our favorite place though. The bar is in the next room so hopefully great music and energy would pull people out.  I’ve been to weddings where everything is in one giant room and there was no place to go when I needed to step away for a minute. I’m hoping this room might serve as that purpose... but I certainly don’t want it to turn into two separate parties. L

• Check out the Stan Mansion. They have a nice room that is located right across from the main banquet room that is amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards