Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Outside catering cheaper?

If you find a venue that allows outside catering and alcohol cheaper? Any venues in mind. I am having a hard time finding something.

Thank you.

Re: Outside catering cheaper?

• Options
    The only venues I know that allow outside catering & alcohol are general hall rentals such as VFW halls, community centers or parks facilities or some private clubs like German American or Italian American if they don't have a contracted catering service that they work with. One big thing to watch out for when contracting caterer is to have in contract who is responsible for linens, plates, etc and set up and clean up and the amount of wait staff included. When I was pricing things out I found that I had to pay $10 per hour for each server and when you want a sit down meal for 100+, the cost of the servers added up very quickly.
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Wow! Great advice. Thank you.
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    edited June 2013
    I have a place in mind that recommends wright and sterk catering. Does anyone have any positives or negatives between the two?
  • Options
    Wright's catering is actually a friend of my husband's... He catered our wedding and everyone raved about the food! We had a 3-item buffet... we had roast beef, chicken paperkish, and sauerkraut and sausage and it was all delicious! I think he charges around $20/per for a 3-item buffet, but he doesn't provide linens. He will rent them from a company and work it into your price if you'd like. Included was salad/rolls, a potato, 2 veggies, and china/silverware.
    Check out what I have left for sale...
    http://allisonandcorey.weebly.com/

• Options
    s2005s2005 member
    Thanks allykat08!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards