New Jersey - South

adelphia?

Hi all,

Was hoping to hear some opinions about weddings at Adelphia in Deptford. I was turned off by the fact that it is a nightclub and it's always advertised on the radio, but I went with an open mind and I really did like the grand ballroom. Their package also is very all inclusive and is a good price for our budget. I am still torn though, especially because there does not seem to be many places to take pictures inside. We are getting married in August, so we will probably limit the outdoor pictures since it will likely be way too hot to stand outside for too long! Also, the food at the actual restaurant does not get great reviews, so I am not sure if that carries over into their events or if it is completely different. Has anyone had their wedding here or been to a wedding here?

I'm trying to decide between Adelphia and Brigalia's and I am soo confused. Brigalia's is beautiful and I love the grounds, but it's not close to any hotels and the package at Adelphia seemed like they give you more.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: adelphia?

• We looked at both when we were shopping for our venue.  In the end, we chose Brigalias.  It had more of what we wanted.  They had great customer service, every question was answered and I even got a call back from the owner, Tina, when I had a question about table numbers!  The food was delicious, my guests still tell me about how great the food was when they see me!  And there was so much food too!  What was really great was that there was no difference between buffet and sit down dinner.  And Brigalias includes so much too.

For hotels, either look into the Hampton Inn in Turnersville or the Residence Inn in Deptford. 
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I wasn't impressed with Adelphia.  I checked them out when I was searching for a venue because their price was reasonable...but my biggest concern was that it wasn't going to be 'private' enough for a wedding with the restaurant, club, etc...and I worried about the availability of parking for my guests.

I frequent there for brunch, etc...and the food is pretty good. 

For me it came down to parking and privacy...and I didn't see that as being something Adelphia could really offer.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you do a tasting at Brigalia's? I just did mine and did not think the food was very good at all.. 
  • jlmalin55 said:
    Did you do a tasting at Brigalia's? I just did mine and did not think the food was very good at all.. 
    Really?  I'm surprised.  When we had our tasting the food was amazing!  And it was just as good on our wedding day.  And when people found out our reception was at Brigalias, the first thing people said was how good the food was.

I would speak to them with what ever concerns you have.
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We did the tasting at Brigalia's and the food was "good".  Then we sat back and really thought about it.  Our biggest complaint was that to US it seemed a little "bland". 

But that's because we use a lot of garlic when WE cook, we like our steaks done a very particular way, etc.

We weren't going to get that from ANY caterer...and in comparison to other caterering food, Brigalia's is excellent. 

No one is going to make chicken parm the way you do at home with the amount of garlic that you like in your sauce, etc....or make a steak "just so" the way you do at home.  Once we got those sort of expectations out of our heads and realized we were talking about feeding more than 100+ people, we came to appreciate how good the food at Brigalia's really was.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards