August 2013 Weddings
Options

I tried on my dress...

...and suddenly, my boobs are too big! They are the only thing keeping my dress from zipping up. I'm obviously going to have to start working out more, but does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I tried on my dress...

• Options
    I'm so sorry.. I guess that's an ok place to be too big if you're going to be at least! Are there any alterations they can do? Will a certain type of bra help to compress without making them look flat? Otherwise I'm not sure how to exercise them off...maybe just some extra cardio?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It could just be a different bra.  I know that makes a big difference for me with more fitted clothing.  

Working out will definitely help.  What do you currently do as far as exercise?  That will help me give more useful tips. 
  • Options
    I'll try a different bra with it. Hopefully that will make them a little flatter so at least I won't be as stressed about it. 

Right now, I walk a couple miles almost every day and last week I started an arm workout every day to tone my arms and back (I found an awesome YouTube video on Pinterest). I occasionally do whatever dance cardio stuff they have on Comcast On Demand, but I have limited space in my living room and tend to hit things doing that one, haha. 

I know you can't really target weight loss to a specific part of the body. I know of stuff to tone every other part of my body, but I've never purposely tried to reduce my chest size, so I'm not sure how I've done it in the past besides going on a diet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    If up the cardio, run instead of walk, that should help a lot.  I also use some chest machines at the gym, but what works the best for me is running.  The dance videos will help too, since that's a more vigorous exercise.

I have used minimizing bras in the past too and they help, but are usually not that comfortable.
  • Options
    If up the cardio, run instead of walk, that should help a lot.  I also use some chest machines at the gym, but what works the best for me is running.  The dance videos will help too, since that's a more vigorous exercise.

I have used minimizing bras in the past too and they help, but are usually not that comfortable.
    Thank you for the great advice! I will definitely work on the cardio. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @drummerbonbon You're welcome!  My fiance and I actually lost 50lbs each a couple years ago, so we've gotten very into exercising.
  • Options

I had this issue at my fitting on Saturday - I'm getting a corset back put in my dress though because my weight fluctuates really easily. That is going to more than solve the issue.

I also run and do weight lifting - I just need to keep my wine and food intake in check.

Good luck!

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards