Rhode Island

Rhode Island Bachelorette Providence/Warwick Area - Help me with transportation / logistics!

Hey ladies! I'm helping plan a bachelorette party for the end of this month (I know, cutting it close!). Me and the MOH have some ideas but transportation is kind of worrying me....We are considering going to the dueling piano bar in Providence but also love the new chic hotel Nylo in Warwick. What's killing me is how are we safely going to get from Providence to Warwick without spending a ton of money?!  I'm only one of two in the bridal party so these costs and logistics are on us....(Plus its a small group overall so me and the MOH are assuming all brides cost are on us). Staying at Nylo is not neccessary since we could stay at the brides house (she lives in Warwick) but the question still stands - how to get safely home.  Everything I've looked up so far about RI taxis is frightening.  Do we have to reconsider Nylo and just stay in Providence so a taxi ride to the hotel is reasonable?!HELP!

Re: Rhode Island Bachelorette Providence/Warwick Area - Help me with transportation / logistics!

• RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Cabbing it should be ok from Warwick or Providence, if you stay at a hotel I would have them call the service they usually use. Cabs are no different than anywhere else here, yes they can be sketchy but I have never had a problem.
  • just my opinion and this is not really wedding related, but I saw you talking about NYLO and had to post. STAY AWAY! it is NOT AT ALL what it's made up to be. I just held a work function there. 20 people, including some who stayed at the hotel, breakfasts, snacks, lunches, outside speakers, tech support, the whole bit. they were terrible. they forgot or messed up every little thing I asked for.  I am sure this is not the use of what you would be going there for - however, I would never give them the business. the place is dark and ugly and everyone there is rude. you would be better off at Fat Belly's across the street, seriously.

• I JUST my bacholorette last weekend and it was AMAZING. We staying at the Marriott Downtown and I highly recommend it. They have an outdoor pool/lounge area where they will reserve a fire pit or cabana for you, an out door bar and a free shuttle bus to downtown. The bus took us to a restaurant, picked us up and then to a bar after - complimentary. The service was also really great, we told them we were with a bacholorette and they upgraded us for free to a pool side room and sent us wine.

If you are hooked on nylo I would say go with the cab option, you can call ahead and get a van sized one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards