North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

108 Budleigh Brides-

Hi Everyone!
Question for the Budleigh Brides-did you move the  large rugs in the center room for your dancing? Or did you dance on it (cutting a rug on a rug?!) haha.

I thought it may be odd to be dancing on carpet.

And even a better questions...are we allowed to move it? 

Thanks for your help!

Re: 108 Budleigh Brides-

• Options
    I am drawing a blank here.....are the rugs in the room at the bottom of the stairs? If so, we had tables there, as well as the main room, but used the space between as our dance floor. Not sure if that helps at all ;)

• Options
    Hey! Thanks for the reply. Yes! At the bottom of the staircase there are two large area rugs.
    I'll try to include a pic from our last visit in march!

How many tables did you end up having? I know we'll have a bit more than normal since the tables are only 48" rounds. But I was hoping everyone could fit in the one room by the patio.
  • Options
    We had 16 tables, but this is also when Budleigh had 2 different sizes to work with, so some sat 8 and most sat 6, and I think all of them are for six now right? Are you using both rooms for guests? If so, maybe consider the dance floor in between both of the rooms so everyone can enjoy watching the dance floor.

• Options
    We moved them!  We had tables in the room, but I didn't like them.  We rolled them up and put them in the closet (and we had asked Bonnie, and it wasn't a problem). 

P.S. They are heavy!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    Also, it's going to be a tight squeeze if you're thinking you'll have a lot of tables.  We were originally thinking that we'd put everyone in the big room, but the DJ and someone else (maybe the florist?) said that it would be best to split the tables between the two rooms and put the sweetheart table in the middle.  That worked out well for us since we could see everyone.  We didn't do that because we had too many tables though, but for the flow of the space and for where the DJ likes to set up.  Our dance floor was in the front of the big room (like most receptions that I've seen there).  That's not to say that you can't do it another way, but that's how most people usually do it.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options

Thanks everyone!

Yes, the tables are only 48'' round.  I work at a catering company myself, so I'm going to do a mock place setting before I set my final number of tables. 

I believe 6 can fit comfortably, but I believe I can fit 1-2 more seats per table if needed.  I'm hoping no more than 80 guests, so maybe 12-14 tables.  Do you think they would all fit in the big room near the patio? I'll have to get exact dimensions, I guess and see if I can use a computer program I have to fit them to scale. 

• Options
    We are going to be dancing in the small room by the stairs.  We are moving the rugs to the big room to use under our tables.  I did not particularly want the rugs down.  I was told that because of the concrete floors the rugs help reduce the sound that bounces around.  Jendem8 I would be curious to know if you felt that you should have used them for sound reduction.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards