Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

I need a venue ! HELP

I am a 2014 procrastinating bride --ugh ! I need a great venue for a great price. Anyone know any great spots where I can hold ceremony and reception and will look great in the spring time? Thank you !Please let me know

Re: I need a venue ! HELP

• Options
    Where? In Pittsburgh? In the city? Suburbs? Country? 

We can try and help but give us more information.

And if you're looking for Spring 2014, you might be out of luck. Most places will probably be booked already.
  • Options
    TampghTampgh member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    Hmmm - If the airport area is okay, the Marriott is quite reasonable and has a nice outdoor courtyard available for the ceremony.  We decided to go with a different venue, but it was really nice with a good rate.
  • Options
    jnissajnissa member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    When you say "reasonable price" what does that mean per head? Those words vary a lot in definition on this board! 
  • Options
    Succop..... but you're probably too late.
  • Options
    My sister got married at the Airport Marriott during the summer and it was about $90 a person. That included centerpieces, food, and alcohol.  It's a beautiful ballroom, but it might be booked if your getting married in 2014.  It's worth a shot at least! I know they are busy during the Spring and Summer Months if you get it at an slower time it's has a reduced cost.  Happy Planning!
  • Options
    Fiance and I checked out that marriott but we hatedddd the lady that does all the wedding bookings! we literally didn't book there because of her! we went with the sheraton pittsburgh airport hotel in moon! it was a crowne plaza before but just changed to a sheraton, they had a massive renovation and its sooo beautiful!!! the guy Neil is great to work with too! i highly recommend you check them out!
  • Options
    Look at the wedding venues listed on the knot as well as projectwedding.com. Between the 2 you should find lots of great ideas. I don't know what area you're looking for or what your budget is so it's hard for me to tell you any specifics. You'll just need to really buckle down and start researching all the places you find. I planned my July 2013 wedding in the Pittsburgh area all the way from Kansas. It wasn't easy but it's doable. I started in the summer of 2012. You have almost a year so you should have plenty of time! Look at websites, call around, and ask lots of questions before decided where to visit. 

We ended up choosing Green Gables restaurant in Jennerstown, PA for both our ceremony and our reception. This place would be gorgeous in the spring if you're looking for an outdoor venue. Dinner is around $30 per person depending on what you choose. If that interests you, contact Teresa there and she'll email you a detailed pricing brochure. 

Best of luck and congratulations!!!
  • Options
    We booked with Robing Hill Park. But it's a total DIY venue. 

• Options
    Depending on your overall budget, a park is a nice option. I'm trying to plan an outdoor wedding (for this September... so trust me, I understand planning last minute!) and we've looked at a few places. If you're right in downtown, Point State Park allows weddings in several sections of the park, but you'd still probably need to plan a reception elsewhere. We're also looking to the north in the Cranberry area where my mother lives. Right now I'm leaning towards Elais Fry barn in Knob Hill Community Park - only $150 or $300 for the whole day (depending on whether you're a resident or not) to have the barn and surrounding area, including the firepit! Blueberry Hill is another place we're considering as well.
  • Options
    We loved the Fort Pitt Museum in Point State Park, although I think their biggest party is around 80-90 people. If you're going with spring or early fall, most of their best space is outside so that could be really nice (they have an indoor backup for rain.) What we did love was that they allow you to use any caterer, provided that that caterer has a liquor license. They have a list of caterers that they recommend, but they're also willing to work with any of them, she also did mention that if you have one you love that doesn't have a liquor license, they'll work with that, and just pair it up with one of their recommended caterers for liquor and beer service. You also get use of the entire museum with your rental, which was really cool. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards