Wedding Reception Forum
Options

decorations

besides center pieces what should i worry about for decorations? I'm having the ceremony and reception same place and the guests are sitting at the tables during the ceremony. I feel clueless in this area

Re: decorations

• Options
    I agree that it depends on the venue. Our reception is in a museum, so we aren't doing any decorations beyond what's on the table. 

Post some pictures if you want, and we might be able to be more help. 
  • Options
    my ceremy and reception are in a tent outside. not really a gorgeous yard with trees.
  • Options
    Then it kind of depends on the feel you are going for. Do you want more rustic, outdoorsy? Or more gardeny?

Honestly though, if the yard and trees are nice, I'd let them serve as your back drop and focus on what goes on the tables. Googling "tent reception" leads to tons of beautiful pictures with most of the decorations on the table. 

Think about table runners, place settings, etc. Do you want some kind of trellis for the ceremony? 
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Do you have photos of the space? Even if it is a tent, I would still do something for for the ceremony back drop. The sky is the limit there. But here's some ideas: http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=ceremony backdrop

For the tent. I would do something to accentuate the height. Bolts of fabric and/or lights to the center will add visual interest and color.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards