Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Pulling out my hair now~~~VENUE DECISION IS KILLING ME!!!!

I am at my wits end!!! Can't find a venue that will suit our needs adequately!! We are getting married on March 8, 2014. 

1.) We have 250 +/- on our guest list so we plan on somewhere at 150 - 175 to show. 
2.) I don't want to have to rent tables and chairs since that is an expense that I do not need. Linens are not an issue to buy/rent. 
3.) Would love an outdoor ceremony but could have it indoor if need arises. 
4.) Need to be able to choose own vendors. 
5.) Having wine and beer so I won't need a bartender. Do I have to have security? 
6.) Need to be affordable (like under $3000) due to the catering. 
7.) We live in the Ennis area and would like to travel no further than Dallas. 
Am I missing anything? 

We looked at the Heard Nature Museum but that was too small. 

Re: Pulling out my hair now~~~VENUE DECISION IS KILLING ME!!!!

• I would try to get a venue that has the option to hold everyone on your guest list, just in case. You truly never know, and it would be just AWFUL to not have enough room for everyone. 

And don't rule out a venue just because they have a list of preferred caterers or vendors. A lot of the times that is VERY helpful. They know the venue, they know the good places to take pictures, the good places for lighting, good places for setup. The only list we had to abide by was a preferred caterer list, but as I started planning, I was very hesitant to hire any vendor that hadn't worked my venue before. It's just so much easier! They don't have to acclimate themselves at all - they are ready to go when they get there!

Even if you BYOB, you will need an officer if alcohol is being served, and you must have a TABC bartender in the state of Texas to serve. We did BYOB, and we were able to hire bartenders through our caterer, so it wasn't a big deal. Once you get your venue and/or caterers, they can help you with all this to make sure you don't break any laws. If anyone gets into any trouble the night of your wedding (PI, DWI, etc) YOU can and will be held liable for serving without licensed bartenders. Bartenders hold the insurance, so it's all on them.

All that being said - I don't have any venue suggestions, only because we only looked at and booked one venue. The ladies here are very helpful, though. Good luck!
  • If you can do a Friday or Sunday, the 1899 Farmhouse in Princeton might work http://www.1899farmhouse.com/pricing/ 

Chapel Creek Manor in Waxahachie http://www.chapelcreekmanor.com/

Classic Oaks Ranch http://www.classicoaksranch.com/ 

• Thank you so much for the suggestions!!! I am going to check them out!!!! Wish me luck!!!!
  • Have you checked out E's Southern Pass in Ennis?
  • I just want to echo Cwagg's sentiment that if you invite 250, you should plan for 250.  You're right that you'll have a number of people who can't attend, but people surprise you.  We got married the day of homecoming at both our alma maters (Baylor and SMU), and we were actually told that a lot of people weren't going to miss the game, so we did not expect a huge turnout from certain groups of guests (like my ILs friends who swore they'd never ever missed a Baylor homecoming in their lives), but a lot of people came for the ceremony and dinner and then left.  We invited somewhere around 300 people and had 240-250 in attendance.
    Anniversary

• Have you checked out E's Southern Pass in Ennis?
    I could kiss you, Ashley!!! 
    We went out to check out E's Southern Pass and FELL IN LOVE both with Eunice and the venue! They fit in with EVERYTHING we want. We had to change our wedding date because she was booked for March 8th but that is okay. We don't mind! We are getting an AMAZING deal and love that it is close enough to our home, exactly what we wanted and we have made a friend in Eunice! 
    Thank you again!!!

• Wow that's great! I know that's a weight lifted. Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards