Connecticut

Day of Coordinator Recommendations!

Hello!
I am looking for a day of coordinator for my wedding in Deep River CT next May. I have reached out to many coordinators and I am finding the prices to be much higher than we want to spend. We are trying to find someone to be there just for our rehearsal and the day of the wedding to manage details the day of the wedding. We are trying to do this for $700 or less. Does anyone have any recommendations of someone they worked with that is in this price range and did a good job?

Any help would be appreciated :) 

Re: Day of Coordinator Recommendations!

• I am using Jen Strunk for my June 2014 wedding, so I can't speak on how she is on the day of, but our consultation with her was great! She's super sweet! And she seems to be a board favorite. A lot of ladies here have used her and can't say enough good things about her!
  • Hi,

We used Christine, From Down the Aisle. http://downtheaislect.com/ and absolutely loved every minute working with her.

I did meet with Jen Strunk, Christine, as well as two companies in CT that offered DOC but when it came down to it, we just clicked much better with Christine. She was extremely professional and honestly I knew in my heart that everything was going to be taken care of that day. Jen's pricing did help spark my interest because it was the most budget friendly but to me my gut feeling was most important.

Honestly, call a couple different DOC and set up meetings. See what you feel. I brought my Sister (MOH) with me for most of my consults because she is very type A like myself, compared to my husband who just wanted me to be happy.

If anything I would definitely recommend having a DOC, I have seen way too many venues "coordinators" miss some things that meant a lot to the brides. Having Christine as our DOC, she worked for us not for the venue, everything she did was with our best interest at heart.

Good Luck and Happy Planning!
  • If our budget allows for it, we are reallyyyy hoping to hire Bill Parkinson of BP Events for our day of coordinator. We have met with him a few times and he is AMAZING. We really want to use him...we are just a little stressed about our budget right now and want to make sure we can afford a DOC - but, thats just our tight budget - his prices are VERY reasonable and I think you'd have no problem hiring him within your $700 budget. Check him out, and tell him Holly sent you!!
  • I met with a few DOC and planners and finally decided on Kia from Estoccasions. Jen Strunk is great, and Jennifer McAdam is great too but I felt best with Kia.  Good luck. 
    counting down to the big day
  • Definitely recommend a DOC.  We had a small budget and heard such great things about Jen Strunk, we met with her and just clicked.  We never met with anyone else nor do we regret out decision.

Jen was a lifesaver and truly made our day so relaxing/easy.  She provides great advice and we also used her for all of our stationery.  I would meet with a few and see who fits your style best, ultimately you have to be comfortable.  Throughout the planning process just following your gut.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards