Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Has Anyone Else Gotten Married in Alaska?

Hi ladies (and gents, if there are any around)!

My FI and I are thinking that we want to get married on a cruise ship in Alaska. We like that it's so different from places like Hawaii and the Carribean, and it has the feel of adventure. Our first date was indoor rock climbing, so we can totally see ourselves dog sledding on a glacier during our honeymoon. I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who has gotten married in Alaska?

Re: Has Anyone Else Gotten Married in Alaska?

• Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I do know when I was in Seward Alaska I could totally picture us getting married at a little lodge alongside the river with the mountains in the backdrop. It's by far the most beautiful state in the Union. 
  • Options
    Went I was in Skagway Alaska I know people would get off the cruise ships and get married in the different towns.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry I am no help just want to welcome you and I hope you stick around and give us some juicy details! I will post on our DW Facebook page and ask if there are any part brides with some experience!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm originally from Alaska, it would definitely be a beautiful place to get married. I could suggest places in Anchorage or some of the smaller towns if you're interested.
  • Options
    I am no help either, but would like to say Welcome to the Board!  Even though we'd love for you to stick around here, you may want to check the local board for Alaska (if there is one) for suggestions :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, everyone! We're coming from Colorado and hoping to do the wedding at sea on the cruise. We don't want to take up a day at port from our friends and family who will be joining us and using the trip as their vacation as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards