July 2013 Weddings

Hairstyle

I have my hair consultation today after work. FI likes my hair down. He has always like it down. I feel like I want it up. To compromise I am thinking half up half down. I'm not sure. What will your hairstyle look like? Post pics if you can.

Re: Hairstyle

• I'm doing the same thing--FI has always loved my hair down, but I don't want it to get too in my face so half up half down wins! He knows I'll most likely put the whole thing up during the reception (just too hot dancing with it down).

I don't have actual pictures, but I just created a private board on pinterest and then sent those pictures to my hair/mu artist.
  • edited June 2013
    I thought I wanted half up too, but my hair dresser talked me into trying this when I went for my trial. Her reasoning was that half up is SUPER easy and doesn't need a trial, and it might be a good idea for me to see something else just to make sure I don't want it up. I got SO many compliments on this hair style and really loved it, and I normally hate my hair up. 

• I can't see it!
  • I love that style @walkersfurmama I wanted to do half up also, but with out ceremony and reception outdoors I decided to do a full updo. My trial is on tuesday, I'm excited to see how it turns out!!
  • I don't like most pictures of me with my hair up, so I will be wearing it down and/or half up. It will be long and curly, and I have a flower that matches my dress to go in my hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When you do the trail, do you leave your hair that way to see what other think? Does that take away from doing it that way for the wedding?

I was thinking of doing my trail next Friday for my bridal shower, but I wonder if the trail will take away from the beauty of it for the wedding
  • pam8787 said:
    When you do the trail, do you leave your hair that way to see what other think? Does that take away from doing it that way for the wedding? I was thinking of doing my trail next Friday for my bridal shower, but I wonder if the trail will take away from the beauty of it for the wedding
    I had mine done and wore it to my shower. I don't think it took away from how I'll look on my wedding day. I didn't have in my hair piece or my veil, and my makeup wasn't done like it will be for the wedding. Everyone complimented me on how nice it looked, but nothing will compare to the day of when you've got on your dress and everything. 
  • I had a trial the day before my shower and when I hook it out, it fell into curls. I'll see if my hair ladystimm has pics of it!
  • I was thinking about getting a make up trial the day of. Should I not do that? I mean It probably won't do the exact colors.

pam8787 said:

When you do the trail, do you leave your hair that way to see what other think? Does that take away from doing it that way for the wedding?

I was thinking of doing my trail next Friday for my bridal shower, but I wonder if the trail will take away from the beauty of it for the wedding

I had mine done and wore it to my shower. I don't think it took away from how I'll look on my wedding day. I didn't have in my hair piece or my veil, and my makeup wasn't done like it will be for the wedding. Everyone complimented me on how nice it looked, but nothing will compare to the day of when you've got on your dress and everything. 

• I can upload from my phone!! This was a quick trial and my hair was freshly washed... Hair styles are better done with dat old hair I hear. So I'm getting my extensions 2 days before so it should look more polished on the day!
  • pam8787 said:
    I was thinking about getting a make up trial the day of. Should I not do that? I mean It probably won't do the exact colors.
    pam8787 said:
    When you do the trail, do you leave your hair that way to see what other think? Does that take away from doing it that way for the wedding? I was thinking of doing my trail next Friday for my bridal shower, but I wonder if the trail will take away from the beauty of it for the wedding
    I think you can have your makeup done too! I was going to, but their makeup artist wanted memorial day weekend off if she has to come in 4th of July weekend for my wedding. Like I said. . . NOTHING is going to compare to the glow and beauty you'll have on the big day. 
  • @walkersfurmama I think I want my hair more like yours! I dont feel like mine is too bridal.. I need to look for more pictures!!
  • drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

For all the half-ups to satisfy FIs: I tried this for the exact same reasons at my trial and didn't care for it :( I wasn't "wowed" the way you are when your hair is all up and done in a fancy, out-of-the-norm way, or when your hair has serious sexiness going when it's all down.

Here's a pic of mine, and what I've decided to go for instead. I might even buy some extensions to really get the volume. I apologize profusely for introducing Kim K onto this board.

• This is what in doing! All down with a cute, jeweled headband! I had my hair trial and it came out perfect!!! So excited!!!!
    Of course my hair isn't this long, but I still love the look :)
  • It will be my first wearing real extensions. I'm nervous but I shall see. I'm excited!
  • I'm doing my trial on Saturday purposely becaue it's my bridal shower :-) Felt like a waste to get all done up with no where to go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    It was! I did mine after work and went home and drank wine and took camera phone pictures of myself in the mirror. You should definitely go somewhere :)
  • That's exactly why I am doing it Friday.

I'm doing my trial on Saturday purposely becaue it's my bridal shower :-) Felt like a waste to get all done up with no where to go!

• I am super in love with my hair trail.  I have naturally wavy/curly hair, and I love it when I take the time to curl it nicely, so having it curly for my wedding was a no brainer!  Note, the hair piece is not mine, it was a loner from the shop.  I have a poofy, ivory, satin flower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @pam8787 My trial was my first real extensions! They were sewn in.. Dissapointed to find out they completely made my hair SO thin. keep them in as short of a time as possible. my hair had half the volume when i took them out two weeks later. (Just a wrning) so if its tangible, cuz they can be expensive, get them in, love it for a few days take them out and do it again. just my opinon.
  • Going with hair up - the potential to be windy at the beach is enough to not have my hair down for our outdoor ceremony!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm doing all down and curly! I'm not an up-do person, never have been!
    I don't know how to attach pictures or else I'd show you what I'm doing lol this site confuses me!
  • They are so expensive. She is telling me to keep it in from June 14th when I'm getting them done, to the wedding and just come and get them done for the wedding. It's going to be a huge adjustment for me. But it's cheaper that way. I think that after the honeymoon they will come out and I won't be getting it done like that again. I prefer using my own hair, although its not as long as it use to be.

@pam8787 My trial was my first real extensions! They were sewn in.. Dissapointed to find out they completely made my hair SO thin. keep them in as short of a time as possible. my hair had half the volume when i took them out two weeks later. (Just a wrning) so if its tangible, cuz they can be expensive, get them in, love it for a few days take them out and do it again. just my opinon.

• I had the exact same issue! I lost about half my length and thickness from a medicine  Ihad and its refusing to grow back! Just be really careful and Id probably suggest not swimming, it literally took 2 hours to dry. Luckily ive known my hairlady since childhood and only charged 50$ to put in extensions, wash, straighten and style. 

have you considered clip ins?
    pam8787 said:
    They are so expensive. She is telling me to keep it in from June 14th when I'm getting them done, to the wedding and just come and get them done for the wedding. It's going to be a huge adjustment for me. But it's cheaper that way. I think that after the honeymoon they will come out and I won't be getting it done like that again. I prefer using my own hair, although its not as long as it use to be.
    @pam8787 My trial was my first real extensions! They were sewn in.. Dissapointed to find out they completely made my hair SO thin. keep them in as short of a time as possible. my hair had half the volume when i took them out two weeks later. (Just a wrning) so if its tangible, cuz they can be expensive, get them in, love it for a few days take them out and do it again. just my opinon.

• I want it as nice and neat as possible. 50 is not bad. That's more than half the cost she is charging but I want it to be the best. I don't like extensions on most people but I always said if I was to get them is want the best.

I had the exact same issue! I lost about half my length and thickness from a medicine  Ihad and its refusing to grow back! Just be really careful and Id probably suggest not swimming, it literally took 2 hours to dry. Luckily ive known my hairlady since childhood and only charged 50$ to put in extensions, wash, straighten and style. 

have you considered clip ins?

pam8787 said:

They are so expensive. She is telling me to keep it in from June 14th when I'm getting them done, to the wedding and just come and get them done for the wedding. It's going to be a huge adjustment for me. But it's cheaper that way. I think that after the honeymoon they will come out and I won't be getting it done like that again. I prefer using my own hair, although its not as long as it use to be.

• aw those are so pretty! I have rather short hair so I think I am going all down with soft curls... I won't get to have a trail until the week of, so I am pretty nervous!
  • I'm doing half up/half down as well! Here's a pic of what I'll be doing. I've already had a trial as well and it looks great

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards