Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Costs?

Hey Ladies!!

Need some budgeting help. I know traditionally grooms parents pay for the Rehearsal dinner but Fiance and I are pretty much doing this all ourselves so wanted to get your input. How much did you/your family spend on the rehearsal dinner and how many people did you have? Were looking towards something informal and casual but we do have to have it catered and have about 40 people for the dinner. Just not sure where to start! Thanks!!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Costs?

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013
    addieth4 said:
    Hey Ladies!!

Need some budgeting help. I know traditionally grooms parents pay for the Rehearsal dinner but Fiance and I are pretty much doing this all ourselves so wanted to get your input. How much did you/your family spend on the rehearsal dinner and how many people did you have? Were looking towards something informal and casual but we do have to have it catered and have about 40 people for the dinner. Just not sure where to start! Thanks!!!

We had ours at a local pub and grill for 30 people.  It cost $750 and we did not host liquor (soda/iced tea/lemonade only). It was a choice of 2 entrees, a bunch of sides, and salad/dessert.

ETA: I think $25 per person is probably a good price if you're catering in a full meal. You can also do much more simple things like pizza or bbq.

• Options
    For your venue, check out parks, back yards, community centers or a restaurant that don't charge you extra to use a private room (usually you'll have to hit a minimum on your bill). If you're serving alcohol, try to find a place that allows you to BYOB. Do minimum decorations and use your iPod and some speakers for music if it's not provided. For food, maybe try to have a "cookout" theme to keep costs down (burgers, brats, coleslaw, etc.) and do cookies or something more inexpensive for dessert. 

We're spending about $4,200, but we're renting a whole floor of a restaurant, providing open bar and a full dinner for 53 people - so it just ended up being really expensive. Plus FMIL wanted it that way.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    We're having about 25 people.  We're having it at my house.  Nothing but a casual, laid-back cookout.  Very informal.  It'll probably cost us about $200 for food, which is great for our budget.  No alcohol (wedding is dry), no decorations.  We'll make a lot of the food ourselves.  This is a great way to go if you want something casual that won't break the bank!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

We are paying for the RD as well.  I found many places (Italian restaurant etc) to cost $20-$25 per person (not including alcohol).  Our problem with this was that the meals were going to be similar to the food they were going to have the next day at the wedding!  So, we found a small chain that is known for good appetizers, wings, type bar and went with that.  Its $11.29 per person for a buffet of filling appetizers (drinks not included).  We are planning to put on the invite something like "the first round is on us"  That way they can enjoy a drink with dinner, and if they want more they can start their own tab (to help costs for us)

We are expecting about 30 people, so it should be about $450 total

Good Luck!

• Options
    We went to Pizza Hut and spent a couple hundred bucks for about 20 people. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!!! Luckily were we are hosting the dinner is a place I used to work (Lucky Bucket Brewery is awesome and super cheap to book for anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area) I just wasnt sure what we should shoot for per head with the caterer. I appreciate all the help ladies!!!!
  • Options
    The rehearsal dinner costs will cost extra for the engaged people. But the engaged people will get the benefit of identify the problems before itself. The decision has to be taken by the couples. 
  • Options
    kevinth, as usual you don't make sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards