October 2013 Weddings

Freak Out Moment

I have been very calm and collected about the wedding and all the planning that it entails.  However last night I couldn't sleep and first I started thinking about what weekend this month would work for getting my hair cut and colored.  The 15th?  No, FI has his company picnic.  The 22nd?  Wait!  The 22nd, OMG!!!  That will be close to the 4 month mark!  Oh no!!!  We are like 18 weeks away!  Next thing you know my brain starts running through my "to do" list and I just lost it at that point.  Needless to say, I am at work today trying to make appointments for the tuxes and the seamstress for my bustle.  Along with all the other things on my list.

Have you had your freak out moment?  If so, how did you handle it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
image 68 Yes
image 16 No
image 0 Unknown

Re: Freak Out Moment

• No freak out moment yet per say, but it does give me a bit of anxiety when I realize how quickly the time is flying! Make a list, stick to it, and keep crossing items off of that list.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Lately things have been getting more "real". Your post did just make me think about the wedding being 16 weeks away (for some reason that sounds more scary then 4 months!). We have a lot more left to do then I would like to have left but I am going to try to get some stuff done this weekend. I have not "freaked out" yet but I would say I have a more heightened awareness of just what is left to do at this point. 

I would just try not to stress out too much if I were you. Get done what you can, prioritize things and everything will turn out great!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I go through bouts of "HOLY SHIT!" and "Meh, no big deal."

Right now I'm at that place right smack dab in the middle.

I started looking at invitations again yesterday...still got nada that screams "I'm IT!" 

I'll get it all figured out.  Hell, I've got the venue and chapel booked and the dress is on order.  Tuxes are decided.  I'm pretty damn close to having all the "musts" handled.  The rest will fall in to place.

....once I order my shoes, undergarments, jewelry, gifts, invites, cake....LOL!!

As long as I don't kill him before the 19th, the wedding is a go.

But the past few days...it's been close.  ;)
  • Oh gosh. Anxiety yes... Freak out,, the verge a couple of times now. But not quite there! Now that all you are saying weeks tho.... Makes it sound much closer
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This thread is making my anxiety climb.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

I'm sorry!  Not my intention!!!  I was just wondering when/if this was normal.  LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • No prob. I just keep thinking of all the things that still need to be done. I just messaged the girl on etsy who sells the favors I like asking how much lead time is needed. (Since I don't know the final count yet of attending guests.) That's progress, no?

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• @SewInLoveWithDMB Every little thing is progress!!!  I rearranged a few things on my "to do" list because I found out, things like calling the seamstress for the bustle, can wait so I moved it down on the priority list.  It made me feel much better!  LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • I should also make my alterations appointment. My  notes tell me it should happen in July. Ah!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I made mine for July 5!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I called the bridal shop where I purchased my dress, they said to call back and they would give me the name and number for someone close to me, and she recommended 6-8 weeks before the wedding.  So I moved it down on my list.  The length is perfect so I really only need to have the bustle done.  Unless of course I manage to lose weight!  LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • I made my fitting appointments like tow months ago.  The girl said I should book then because they fill up fast.  I thought it was weird I was booking an appointment in March for July but it looks like it will be here before I know it!  Stuff I still have to do: flower girl basket from etsy, passports, tuxes, find undergarments.  I know there is still a ton more but this is what is next for me.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Do passports sooner rather than later! They take a few months to come in!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• @schellzinator My wedding dreams have started, too!  The latest was it was the day before the wedding adn I was SO excited... and then realized I didn't buy shoes. 
  • hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    So here's a question about passports - I am not sure if I should leave mine until after our honeymoon (Feb 2014) or not.

I am planning on changing my name, how long does that take? Because I would need to get that done first, THEN get my new passport. Not sure if the timing would work... :-/

ETA: my current passport is valid until 2015 so I won't need a new one if I don't change my name right away
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I don't remember the answer to this, but I remember seeing somewhere that it is easy to get your name switched on a passport - as in you don't have to go and redo it, they will just mail it to you.

But, I have seen that it is best to travel under your maiden name, and then change it after the honeymoon when you have more time and there is no rush.

Since you are not going on a honeymoon until February, you can possibly renew after October and before February, and you should be good.

But, they will not issue a new passport yet with your new name until it actually happens.

I would travel under maiden name and then deal with it before the expiration in 2015.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• FI and I got our passports a couple months ago and when we were filling out the paperwork, I mentioned to the guy that we were getting married.  He told me that you have a year from when it was issued to get your name changed on your passport for free or else you will need to go through the whole process all over again and pay the full amount.  All you do is fill out a name change form and mail it in with your old passport and your marriage license.  You may even need to send in a copy of you license with your new last name on it but I am not sure.  You can get the form online.  It is really easy to do and at least you can get it done for free.  I agree though that you should just travel in your maiden name and then worry about the change when you get back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • speaking of traveling...... i haven't gone anywhere in AGESSSS so if we are flying in march 2014 for our honeymoon, when we reserve airline tickets should I just go ahead and list new last name on the tickets? 
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I agree!

• speaking of traveling...... i haven't gone anywhere in AGESSSS so if we are flying in march 2014 for our honeymoon, when we reserve airline tickets should I just go ahead and list new last name on the tickets? 
    If you are 10000000% sure your name will be changed on your ID by your honeymoon, then, yes, book your ticket under your new name. Otherwise, no. Book your tickets under your maiden name and wait to get your ID changed until after your honeymoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards