Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

walking down the aisle

MY father and mother divorced when I was two and he did not become a part of my life again until I was 17 and told him I was pregnant. Since then he has tried to step up and be a parent to me. I decided I wanted my brother to walk me down the aisle because of personal reasons. I know my dad will be upset by not walking me down the aisle. I have no clue how to tell him that my brother is going to be the one to do it. Does anyone have any advice on how to tell my dad that he won't be walking me down the aisle?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: walking down the aisle

• Options
    I just wouldn't bring it up. If he asks, just explain that it was important to you and your brother that he be the one to walk you down. And try to leave it at that. 
  • Options

MY father and mother divorced when I was two and he did not become a part of my life again until I was 17 and told him I was pregnant. Since then he has tried to step up and be a parent to me. I decided I wanted my brother to walk me down the aisle because of personal reasons. I know my dad will be upset by not walking me down the aisle. I have no clue how to tell him that my brother is going to be the one to do it. Does anyone have any advice on how to tell my dad that he won't be walking me down the aisle?
    Ditto @PDKH. Just don't bring it up and if HE does, say the bolded part.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I think that if he's basically abandoned you, you have the right to choose whomever you want to walk you down.

Don't bring it up to him unless he asks, if he does just say it's important to you that your brother walk you down.

I'm NEY, but when the time comes, my brother is going to walk me down. He's the only man who has been there for me. - If your father presses you, I'd probably say something along the lines of "he's always been there for me."
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree. No need to bring it up unless he asks, and then just be honest and say you have chosen your brother.
    <Image and video hosting by TinyPic>
  • Options
    Don't bring it up. It's such a personal decision; no one has a "right" to walk the bride down the aisle.
  • Options
    Thank you all.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards