February 2014 Weddings

Are you doing favors?

We finally decided on wedding favors! I'm super excited about what we chose. Will you be doing favors?

Our favors will add to the whole entertainment value of our wedding. My family typically goes to Disney each year. I have a few relatives about 3 hours away who join us usually for one day. One year we had a lot of family in town because the local family was getting married. Well after we spend a day in the parks we go to dinner then get figures called vinylmation. These are essentially little mickey mouse statues that are painted based on a theme. They come in a box wrapped so when you purchase you dont know which one you're getting. There are different themes released and several different ones in each case. It always ends up being hysterical to see what everyone gets. So we are going to get 2-3 cases of these and let people take one as they come in. We are going to give instructions to not open the box until we announce it and then go table by table having people open them. It should be pretty funny!  Its also a family tradition so it will be a nice one to share with 50 people :D.

DIStickers.com Ticker

Re: Are you doing favors?

• Thats pretty cool! we are doing a flipbook booth and a photobooth so the flipbook and photo booth pictures will be the favors!
  • I'm unsure what to do here!  I kind of like the idea of edible favors, guests always enjoy those and they can be homemade pretty easily/inexpensively.  Things like seeds and trinket-type items... eh.  nobody really gets excited about those types of things so it seems like a waste of money to me.  I was thinking of doing oreo pops (in pink white chocolate to match my colors) or maybe package up some s'more bark or toffee or something.  The tricky part is it needs to be something that can be made in advance...
    Honestly, in the end if we have the budget I will probably just suck it up and pay the $200 to get cake pops professionally made.  It would make things very easy.
  • The little Mickeys sound cute especially since they are part of your fam tradition and you know everyone will have fun opening them!

• Dancer- I think we're doing a sketch artist too. So those that do that will have that as well. Since we arent having dancing I'm trying to find plenty of things to do before the fireworks other than eat. We will arrive around 6 and the fireworks wont go up until 9 which is when we'll cut the cake. That seems like a lot of time to be eating.

Gabby - You could easily make the oreos yourself :D. We used to dip oreos at the holidays all the time.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I'm also doing the photobooth with photos for guests as favours.  In addition I plan to have a candy buffet for people to take home. 

• A sketch artist is cool too. Still not sure if we will do a parkinson's donation as well in honor of my dad from the guests. but if we do we will probably make it to the Michael J. Fox Foundation
  • I've been struggling to figure out what to do, but we are DVC members so we go every year too! This is awesome! Where did you find the Mickey's?? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards