Not Engaged Yet
Options

Squeeeeeeeee!!!! Two days until vacation!!!!

Saturday morning BF and I leave on our first vacation together!!!!  We are flying to Melbourne, Florida and spending the night in Cape Canaveral.  Sunday morning we board the Freedom of the Seas for a 7 night cruise to the Western Caribbean!  Our plans for the week including parasailing, climbing waterfalls, river tubing, swimming with sting rays, snorkeling, and a "mini sub" helmet dive.  

Oh, and lots of vacation nookie.  ;)
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Squeeeeeeeee!!!! Two days until vacation!!!!

• Options
    Fun! 

What stops does your ship make? 

I swam with the stingrays. I don't remember if it was you that I told about that somewhat recently or someone else. It was kind of terrifying, they are way friendlier than I expected. 

• Options
    All those excursions sound like a blast!

Have a great time!
  • Options

Have a great trip! Where are you stopping on your cruise?

We're leaving for Mexico on Monday, I'll wave to your ship from the beach if you end up in Cozumel!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

How exciting! You are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to see pics when you get back. How awesome that you have so many great activities planned too. I love to lay on the beach, but after about oh....an hour...I need something to DO! I I can't wait to hear about the parasailing and helmet dives as i've never done those.

FI and I have our honeymoon in 19 days and I can hardly stand it! It's a surprise, so we don't know where we're going. I'm hoping to do something neither of us have done before...love the parasailing idea...so guess we'll have to see what's available when we get there!

ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF YOUR VACATION!

• Options
    @allusive007 your honeymoon is a surprise? That is awesome! I would love a surprise trip!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Here is our itinerary:

Sunday: Port Canaveral (leaving at 4:30 pm)
    Monday: At Sea
    Tuesday: Labadee, Haiti (RCI private beach)
    Wednesday: Falmouth, Jamaica
    Thursday: George Town, Grand Cayman
    Friday: Cozumel, Mexico
    Saturday: At Sea
    Sunday: Port Canaveral (and boooo....  vacation is over.)

AND...  

Our CEO sent out an email this morning giving us an early release at 2:00 tomorrow!  He wants us to be able to start our weekend early...  :)  My department is a service department so I may not get to leave right at 2:00 but I will be able to leave well before my normal 5:30 time.  More time to get things ready to go!!!!!!!!
  • Options

How exciting! You are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to see pics when you get back. How awesome that you have so many great activities planned too. I love to lay on the beach, but after about oh....an hour...I need something to DO! I I can't wait to hear about the parasailing and helmet dives as i've never done those.

FI and I have our honeymoon in 19 days and I can hardly stand it! It's a surprise, so we don't know where we're going. I'm hoping to do something neither of us have done before...love the parasailing idea...so guess we'll have to see what's available when we get there!

ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF YOUR VACATION!

All of our excursions are in the morning so we will be able to spend the afternoons at the beach or by the ship's pool depending on our mood.  Jamaica is the only long excursion an that is where we are climbing Dunn's River Falls and river tubing on the White River.  This is a 6 hour excursion and we are in port for 9 hours.  
  • Options

Sounds like your trip is going to be a lot of fun! I love all those ports. Cozumel was where I fell in love with the Riviera Maya. We took a ferry from Cozumel to PDC and went to Tulum. Grand Cayman we swam with the stingrays and Jamaica we did a dolphin swim and a "Bob Marley Tour".

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @AprilH81- I climbed Dunn's River in 2011 on a cruise to Jamaica. It was a lot of fun but make sure to where water shoes because it's slippery. You will get some awesome pictures there though.
  • Options
    That sounds like a really fun trip!  Enjoy it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hope you guys have a blast!  I'm glad you're not going down until tomorrow though, as the weather is pretty nasty (more on the West Coast of FL though) today :)

@allusive007 I'd be so mad if my honeymoon was a surprise, haha.  One of my ex-friends (other reasons) had a surprise honeymoon and I saw them in the airport the next day and she STILL didn't know where they were going.  I mean, seriously?  WHAT DO I PACK?!  But it sounds like yours is a surprise to both of you, which I think would be better than the above situation.  I also had to pay for soda at their wedding, so I was annoyed with them anyway, haha
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @AprilH81- I climbed Dunn's River in 2011 on a cruise to Jamaica. It was a lot of fun but make sure to where water shoes because it's slippery. You will get some awesome pictures there though.
    I'm looking forward to it (and we both have water shoes)!  We are the only ship scheduled to dock on the whole island so it should not be crowded at all.  We are docking in Falmouth (about 45 minutes from Ocho Rios from what I can tell) so I have a feeling there won't be a lot of people who will make the trip.  

Our biggest "competition" for space on the falls will be the ship's tours and people staying at the resorts.  Regardless, it will be a lot better than trying to do it in peak season with a ton of ships in port.
  • Options
    That's so exciting! It sounds like it will be really fun :)

@Blue & White - You had to pay for soda at wedding?! I would've been super pissed!

• Options

@buddysmom - FI and I can hardly wait to find out where we are going. My mom is a big-time traveler (she's planning Thailand and Cambodia for this year!), so I know it's going to be a memorable location!

@Blue & White - I don't believe in paying for anything at a wedding. I do somewhat understand a cash bar, but soda? Seriously? No bueno. FI and I requested a beachy location with snorkeling. Other than that, these are the only clues I have so far:

1. we need our passports

2. we have a connection in CA somwhere

3. it's a looooong flight

4. you can't spend american money because my mom has asked me to give her the cash we're going to bring so she can exchange currency for us before we head out.

I'm so excited I think I might pee myself! It's all I can do to NOT look at a map...but i've been successfully resisting for the last 18 days!

• Options
    @allusive007 - Your surprise honeymoon sounds really fun! I would be freaking out because I have major travel anxiety but I wish I didn't so I could enjoy something like that!

• Options
    Have a great trip, April and allusive!
  • Options
    That sounds fun! Have a blast!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Have fun!!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards