July 2013 Weddings

Decline rate....

I'm rather dissapointed with all of the declines we have been getting on our rsvps. Our due date isn't until Monday, so I have a few more days to get yes replies. Currently out of the 65 invites we mailed, we have 16 yes, most of which are family or bridal party. Then we have 20 declines. We were expecting quite a few declines since FI is from Cincinnati and airfare from there to Denver is usually no less than 500$ so it would be pretty expensive for a family to make the trip. It still dissaponts me every time we get a decline, I'm starting to wonder if anyone is going to show up!! Is anyone else having this problem??

Re: Decline rate....

• We invited about 125 people, and are ending up with 87 in total attending (including kids). It's certainly a bit less than we thought!
  • We got a lot of our responses at the last minute. Literally the last day.
  • We're having the same thing...A lot of our guests are traveling from CA and upstate NY to RI...We have a bunch of no's.  I definitely know how you feel, but I keep reminding myself that we'll enjoy the day regardless!  Sometimes less really is more!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our deadline was yesterday, but we got a bunch today and I expect that we will get at least a few per day over the next week. We had a 60% acceptance rate, but we kind of expected it since we invited a lot of out-of-town people.
  • Everyone, including FI and I are OOT, my family and friends are a long way away.  We invited 86, and will have 56-60 (still waiting on 4 from my family).  We are excited to have a small, intimate wedding with those people who really want to be there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish I was in your shoes! we have 2 declines and like 30 yes'.. but still waiting on a TON more cards.. ive gotten 2 in the past 7 days.. deadline is june 20
  • we invited 157 and were expecting 135ish and think we're going to have about 120-125. less than we thought but hey, that saves money ;)
  • dem068dem068 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I wish we had that problem.  We invited 219 and currently have 156 yes and 9 nos.  it's going to be a huge wedding.  I was hoping for 180-190, but that is likely not going to be the case.  Just think about all the $$ you will save and how you will really be able to spend time with the people you care about on this important day (we are going to have like 1 minute to talk to each person)
  • It does save money, but I'm starting to wonder how in the heck we are going to be able to meet our minimum with the accepted replies we are getting. Hopefully everyone drinks a ton!! I don't want to give our venue money for the heck of it. With the highest entree and tons of appetizers I still have a long way to go to meet my minimum.
  • AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    It does save money, but I'm starting to wonder how in the heck we are going to be able to meet our minimum with the accepted replies we are getting. Hopefully everyone drinks a ton!! I don't want to give our venue money for the heck of it. With the highest entree and tons of appetizers I still have a long way to go to meet my minimum.
    Can you add a day after brunch? How about a to-go station (not sure that's what it's called) with doughnuts, popcorn, or candy guests can take home with them? Ice cream sundae bar? Upgrade the champagne toast? I've seen people do a late night table with cheese fries and burgers, but I personally don't know how someone could still be hungry after cocktail hour and dinner. We're supposed to have a 150 minimum, but are only expecting 100. Like you, we also upgraded our food and apps.
  • It does save money, but I'm starting to wonder how in the heck we are going to be able to meet our minimum with the accepted replies we are getting. Hopefully everyone drinks a ton!! I don't want to give our venue money for the heck of it. With the highest entree and tons of appetizers I still have a long way to go to meet my minimum.

We are in the same boat as you. We live in ca along with fi's family and friends, and are getting married in nj where I grew up so we have a high decline rate. We invited about 170 individuals and expect about 80 to come. At this point were right on the money with that 80 figure. My venue specified we either need to have 80 adult guests or spend a certain amount before service charges and tax. I think we will hit the number we need to, but if not we will just upgrade somewhere. Andreajulia made great suggestions. We can pay to extend the reception so that's always an option if people want to keep partying.
  • Our final numbers put us at 77% accepted, 131 out of 169. 
  • Styill waiting on probably 50 cards.. deadline in 10 days

• We haven't received any declines yet but we have only received 26 out of 118 RSVPs. I know for sure of 1 person not coming and 4 that are out of state/country who most likely aren't coming, but we were actually hoping more would decline lol I mean 110 would be a nice round number!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far we're up to 55 yes and 10 no's, or something close to it.  As it gets closer to the deadline though (the 21st), I'm expecting more declines.  We've barely heard anything from OOT family, and that could go either way.

I can't wait until we have our numbers in!  I really want to work on the seating chart!

• So far as of today 06-10-2013 (our deadline for RSVP cards) we are expecting 80 ppl.
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I invited 187 ppl. The RSVP due date was 6/7 so far only 152 have responded. 26 of those were declines. Now we're doing the call around figuring out if ppl are coming or not. Most of the ppl who haven't responded are FI guests (he has a large family) and he's slacking in calling them. We don't have to have the final head count for the caterer till the monday before (wedding is 7/6), but we're trying to budget in an ice cream machine and knowing how many ppl are coming would help alot. 
  • dem068dem068 member
    we got 6 no rsvps last night (bringing our max total down to 199, we invited 219).  Still waiting for 45 more responses, so hoping that a few more people that we had to invite (friends of parents, relatives we never see) decide not to come.  Our RSVP date is next week, I can't wait to have all of this nailed down and start the seating chart! 
  • Our deadline isn't until the end of this month. So far, we only have 1 actual decline and a few people who aren't bringing the entire family. We got a lot of RSVPs right after the invitations went out, but they have stopped coming in at this point. We're holding steady at around 30 people coming out of almost 100. I'm hoping we'll get a lot more in around our deadline, and I'm also expecting to get a lot more of the declines at that point too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

I counted ours last night, too. The deadline isn't until this Friday but we have about 90+ confirmed and a handful of declines. We sent invites, including anticpated +1's, to about 170 and hoped to only have 125 (what we budgeted for and based our vendor orders off of). I am worried we are not going to get to 125 and will have to change our order to spend the minimum with our venue...

How are you all going to follow-up with RSVPs? Part of me is dreading it because it feels awkward to call/text/email people who didn't reply and put them in position of telling you they aren't coming. Is it just me who has anxiety around this?

• Mine were due yesterday, FI still tracking down his employees who didn't rsvp yet...don't even get me started on that :-p
    I'm at 50% accept decline with 25 still outstanding. But we are getting married on Weds July 3rd, so we expected a higher decline rate due tot he holiday. 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Mine are due next friday, we invited 269, we have 211 yes's, we have 15 no's, we have another ten that are people we invited with a +1 who are coming alone, so 25 no's and waiting for 31 people. Out of the 31 I know 12 of them are coming (have verbally confirmed just no card in the mail yet) so 19 I am actually waiting for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drg424drg424 member
    @cofkel you have a huge guest list! I think the largest of all of us on this board maybe...!
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Haha, yeah its pretty crazy, crazier that my FI and I are paying for the whole shebang! It is not the largest I have been too however, one of my friends had 400, that was insane. My FI and I both have large families which contributed. If we have invited everyone us and our families would have liked we topped 380.
    drg424 said:
    @cofkel you have a huge guest list! I think the largest of all of us on this board maybe...!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We invited 335, so I was not upset about the 50% decline rate. Actually I'm 161 decline, 160 accept and 17 still unaccounted for - somebody decided to bring their 3 not-invited teenager :-p
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We invited 187, we have 122 accepted, and 58 declined. We have a list of people who we didn't invite because we thought we wouldn't have room but now we do. So we will extend invitations to them. They still have until July 1 to RSVP. My fiance has been calling people to confirm, he is really up on his numbers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we invited about 400 but with all the added guests we are at 382 accepted and 93 declined.  Im from a small hometown and have a large family.  We are kinda the more the merrier type of people so Im excited :)
  • drg424drg424 member

I just gave our final number to the venue today: 115 including 10 kids. Our original estimate was 125, we invited closer to 180, and we've had some unexpected declines.

I really do hope 115 show up - every single friend invited to my bridal shower, except one, flaked, so now I'm starting to worry it will be a big, expensive, empty party :(

• dem068dem068 member

we invited 219, have 185 confirmed (and 4 people never responded, so unbelievably rude, so I just counted them as no).

• We invited like a 100 guest max....and so far 88 has RSVP (meaning they are for sure coming!!) the rest I'm not concerned about.
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards