Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Centerpiece Game?

We wanted to have an interesting way to give away our centerpieces, So many weddings i have been too have had the same old, musical chairs or whos birthday is closest to the wedding date etc. For each centerpiece there is a different picture of our dog, with the number. (Our dog is our child lol) We were thinking of doing whoever can guess were the picture was taken gets the centerpiece, but i am worried because most pics are close up that it would be a very difficult task, and because we have been everywhere with our dog, they aren't necessarily local. I fear this will just get to chaotic, and no one will end up with the centerpiece.Thoughts?

Re: Centerpiece Game?

• Options
    Why don't you just have your DJ announce at the end of the night that the guests are welcomed to take a centerpiece if they would like and let the guests figure out who takes what.  No game is necessary.

• Options
    I agree with everything @Maggie0829 just said. 

I also think your idea is cute in theory, but would logistically be a nightmare at the wedding. How would you handle the guessing process? What if two people guess correctly? What if no one wants to guess? How much time will this take? Will people get bored waiting for others to guess? 

Just too much work if you ask me. 
  • Options
    What is up with all these "games" everyone wants to play at their receptions? Ditto PPs. Just have the DJ tell people they can have the centerpieces if they want them. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I wouldn't even want the DJ announcing it. I'm having trouble articulating why. I'd just bring it up to people who seem to really like them. I might let MIL know she can tell her family and friends since I know they like taking center pieces home. I don't really care what happens to the centerpieces once I leave though.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't do this by way of a game.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards