Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Hand cancelling Invites

Did anyone do this? Did they still get run through a machine?

Or if you didnt hand cancel, did they still arrive at their destination in one peice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hand cancelling Invites

• Options
    jenice95jenice95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

While I do not have personal experience with this, I have been doing research (we are wedding date twins!) for my invites. My research from blogs (take it FWIW) have said that hand cancelling only avoids ONE machine at the PO (stamp cancelling). It goes through many other sorting machines en route to its destination.

I know we are short on time, but do you think it's worth sending a spare invite to yourself?

ETA: I still don't think it's a guarantee what will happen with yours, but it may give you an idea? I've also heard certain PO's are a little more cranky about doing hand cancelling, but it is supposed to be a customer service that they offer (free of charge)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Perhaps this will fall on deaf ears but I don't think anyone is going to care if you hand cancel versus going through the regular mail. Pretty much all of the mail I've ever received has been delivered "in one piece." Just think about when you've gotten a wedding invitation. Did you notice the outside envelope other than to see who it was from? The only thing I can even vaguely remember from recent wedding invites was the inside formal invitation part (basics like color, design, paperweight/construction). I'd say put the stress elsewhere on things that might get noticed by anyone other than you and maybe a parent or friend who's working on the invites with you.
    Married since May 12, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards