Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Do I have to have bridesmaids?

My fiancé already has his best man and a couple of groomsmen. But I don't really have close friends like him to ask to be my bridesmaids. Do I really have to have any, even if my fiancé has groomsmen?

Re: Do I have to have bridesmaids?

• Options
    To me, it's personal preference.  My friend has no bridal party and honestly, it keeps things drama free and costs low (although family may have to throw you a bridal shower). That's not even a big deal...sometimes I feel like all this wedding etiquette is way too guided by tradition.  Do what works for you and it honestly does not matter in the long run.
  • Options
    No, you don't have to have any.
  • Options
    It's a very personal decision. You certainly don't need to have bridesmaids, and I wouldn't recommend asking people you aren't very close to just because you feel you need to have people standing up with you. I didn't have any and it wasn't awkward at all.
  • Options
    Nope - not if you don't want to. You could have family members stand up for you if you want - my brother in law asked his dad (his best friend) to be his best man and it was really sweet. That said, the people that stand up for you don't have to be "maids". You can ask close male friends, brothers, cousins to stand up for you if you want.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

You absolutely don't have to!

I wasn't going to have any (I don't have any really close female friends) but my FI suggested my best male friend and he's going t stand up with me. But it's total okay not to have attendants.

• Options
    It's your wedding, you don't HAVE to do anything. You should make it about who you are and not what others expect of you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards