Getting in Shape
Options

wedding dress.

Should I wait to go dress shopping after I lose weight or should I just go now, choose one and then get it resized on me after I lose weight?
I'm determined to be 150lbs by my wedding date. But I just get discouraged when I go clothes shopping because I feel so fat. Any help?

Re: wedding dress.

• Options
    I agree with xcaly. We need more information to offer an opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been wondering the same thing!  I'm looking to drop about 40 pounds in the next 11 months.  I was planning on waiting until I lose half of that, until I found out it can sometimes take 8 or 9 months to get the dress!  

I found a cute plus size shop near me so I'm going to check it out this weekend and see if they have any suggestions - I'll let you know what they say.

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    Typically you should buy it to fit you now ... but if your wedding is still over a year away, I'd wait for a while before buying anything. Styles change, your idea of what you want could change, and you could lose (or gain - ugh) weight.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm at 215 I want to be 150 by next April. Which I think can happen, I'm pretty determined to be that size again. Ive already been looking at dresses and I'm in love with tianas wedding dress from the Disney wedding collection. But I'm pretty open to any style, I just want to feel good in my dress.
  • Options
    Just an fyi, as someone who has a good amount to lose and who has lost a good amount (my ticker says 18, but that's just what I've done with MFP, I'm actually at 53), the number goes a little slower than you think it should, at least for me it has.  It has a lot to do with adding muscle, and despite what they do on the Biggest Loser, that isn't real life at all. I get very frustrated knowing how much I have to lose and not seeing it go faster, but that doesn't mean it's not going at all, it definitely is.  I bought my dress a few months ago before I ever started MFP and saw a major plateau breakthrough. I bought it for what size I was that day.  I know it's going to fall off of me when it comes in, but I think that's definitely the way to go.  As upset as I was about the size they had to order that day, I will be that much more happy when they have to completely resize it when it comes in.  You never know what your body is going to do or how it will react, so I would go with what you fit into that day.  Good luck and happy shopping!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    I agree with @ptrose13. I would get the dress the size you are right now, that way the very least you have to do is maintain. (I found it hard to maintain, because I like eating during stressful times.)
    I am not saying you don't have time to lose pounds, because you definitely do.
    I also like @jennylee's response. If you can wait, a bit more, do it.

Also, maybe look into a corset back, it saved me a lot of trouble, because you can tighten it a lot, if you continue to lose weight.
  • Options
    My game plan was to go out and buy a dress that would make me feel sexy on my big day and that would give me motivation to lose the weight and look my best.  So far it's working.  I got my dress and since have lost 10 of the 35-45lbs that I want to lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards