on your engagement and Welcome to Detroit board!
Here are some tips to get you started:
* Read some posts before you start posting (aka "lurk"). It's a
great way to get a feel for the board and also you might find some answers to
questions you have!
* You can't change your username so choose wisely. Avoid putting your
full name (especially last name) or e-mail address as your username.
Remember this is a public forum and anyone can read anything that we
post. If you have any of these in your current username, create a new
account before you start posting. This will save you the trouble later.
* Introduce yourself! Whether you're a newbie or a longtime lurker,
please post and tell us about yourself and fiance. We'd love to know your
* Don't ask for opinions unless you want the truth. Many posters can get
put off by hearing that other people don't like their ideas. The general
consensus is that it's better to hear from a bunch of strangers that it's a bad
idea than from your own friends and family.
* Vendors are NOT allowed to post on these boards, even if they offer their
services for free. Vendors will be banned immediately.
* The more information you can give us when asking a question, the better
answers you will receive. Include your budget (if possible), number of
guests, general location, etc. since this will help narrow down options for
* The boards are searchable. Scroll down and type in whatever you are
looking for and select the board you would like to search. Odds are,
venue related questions have already been asked and answered by the most
knowledgeable people who can help.
* Speaking of vendors, check out the sticky at the top of the board
first. It has a wealth of information regarding past and present
knotties' vendors. If you still have questions after checking it out,
feel free to ask!
* We don't always have to talk about weddings! Random chitchat is much
appreciated to break up the flowers/favors/bustle talk.
* For TK's Community Rules, click here
* For a list of common knot lingo, CLICK ME!
* Every weekday, there is a different thread topic. Currently they are:
Monday: MMPP (Monday Morning Planning Poll) - What wedding planning do
you have this week?
Wednesday: For Sale Wednesday and Wanted Wednesday
Thursday: AW Thursday - AW = Attention Wh*re. It's your turn to brag
about all the big and little things going on.
Friday: TGIF - Tell us about your plans for the weekend
If you have any other questions/comments/concerns, feel free to contact me