Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

An Intro a Bit Over Due!

So it dawned on me I never really introduced my self... My name is Heather, I'm 23 and engaged to be married April 28th, 2012! I met my FI almost 4 years ago thru Myspace(sounds crazy, I know). FI was in a local band and we one day randomly started chatting after I posted a picture comment on one of his band photos. After a month and a half of dating we became official, now here we after almost four years later engaged! :) 

FI popped the question at our yearly visit to the zoo in April. We've gone every year since we started dating and routinely always got our photos taken in the photo booth and ended our trip by getting a souvy cup. FI's original plan was to propose in the photo booth while it was taking the photos, but the booth was broken! So he opted for the souvy cup route. After eating I was off feeding some birds, came back to the table and went to take a sip from the cup and noticed a beautiful ring around the straw of my cup. FI got down on one knee and asked that lovely question! :)

Now here we are 9 months from the wedding! I've been planning this day for years but I don't think anything can really get you ready for the hardcore planning that is really needed. So far everything is going good, stress levels are low(we still have 9 mos for that), and spirits are high! 

It has been great to be able to come to the boards and ask questions and get opinions from outside sources. Goodness knows no family members want to tick off the future bride! haha Look forward to conversing with everyone with future comments and questions! :) Thanks everyone! :)
We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!

Re: An Intro a Bit Over Due!

• edited December 2011
    Thats a great story! Are you guys considering the zoo as a venue?
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    very cute proposal!  cant wait to hear more about your wedding details??
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nikikruise- No, we actually didn't even look into the zoo. We wanted the venue between where we both live and planned on using my church which is an hour and a half from the zoo.

mdphd- We're going for a rustic/vintage feel for our wedding. We're doing Pale Yellow, Gray, and light blue for our wedding colors. Blue Mason jars=MUST HAVE!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • edited December 2011
    Very cute story:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards