Plus-Sized

Strapless Dress & 'The Girls'

Will 'the girls' really stay in a strapless dress?  I've always said I would get a dress that has straps so I can wear a good bra, but all the photos I'm looking at I only like the strapless dresses.  I'm going to want to dance all night at my reception and I don't want a wardrobe malfunction.  

Any tips, suggestions?

thanks!
We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

Re: Strapless Dress & 'The Girls'

• ktbabe530 said:
    Will 'the girls' really stay in a strapless dress?  I've always said I would get a dress that has straps so I can wear a good bra, but all the photos I'm looking at I only like the strapless dresses.  I'm going to want to dance all night at my reception and I don't want a wardrobe malfunction.  

Any tips, suggestions?

thanks!

They will stay, as long as you have it properly fitted and wear proper undergarments. I'm a 38H and my girls aren't perky, at all.  I wore a longline bra, and had my dress very well tailored.  I also had a snap added to my longline bra and on the inside of my dress, just to make sure that the dress stayed up, and also, so it sort of pulled the dress back against my chest. I was trying to avoid the uniboob look. 

Wedding dresses are very structured and have boning across the bodice to keep them up.  Also, a corset back also tends to give a little more support.

• According to a few fashion articles I've read, straps (depending on the kind), can make your bust appear larger than you've intended. If you have a great seamstress, they'll do a great job making sure that your "girls" stay in check. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards