Honeymoon Discussions

KCMO Honeymoon

FH and I have decided that we're going to honeymoon in KC. Kind of odd, I know. 
We will only have four [maybe five] days to honeymoon, so its close enough to home to not have to worry about rushing home or anything. It's also much more affordable for us and gives us a chance to save up and do something bigger for our first anniversary! 
Anyways, I was looking for suggestions from others that may have been there as to what we could do/where we could stay/etc.
Thanks (:

Re: KCMO Honeymoon

• manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    Kansas City is a great weekend get-away (saying that as a St. Lousian). My favorite things (disclaimer: I'm a total history nerd and therefore biased):

-The National World War I Museum is world class and should not be missed. Even if history isn't your thing, take a trip up the Liberty Memorial. 
    -Union Station is right across the street from the museum and also worth a visit. 
    -Crown Center is also right there and fun to check out - mostly shopping for families
    -The art museum is really nice (I forget the name of it)
    -Royals games or Chiefs games
    -Looking at the fountains on the Plaza - plenty of restaurants and shops
    -Negro Baseball League History Museum
    -Truman Presidential Home and Library (in Independence)

Hope you have a fantastic honeymoon!

ETA: Reading @Sleeper2013 's post made be realize I forgot about Boulevard. As a beer-drinker, I'm ashamed of myself. But the last time we went, I think we booked our tour about 2 months in advance - so look early if that's something you'd like to do. 
  • There are so many good things on here! You guys are awesome. Being from Omaha we try to go down about once or twice a year but the other ladies already gave you a ton of help and advice.

Worlds of Fun is also one of our go to places. Not very honeymoon friendly but you never know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards