Florida-South Florida

Florida Keys Wedding: Recommendations/Advice Wanted!

Hello all!
I recently got engaged in May and my fiancé and I want nothing more than a Florida Keys wedding in either Jan, Feb, or March of 2015 (we would do 2014 but it's too short of notice).  
Unlike most couples who plan Florida Keys weddings as destination weddings, I'm actually a South Florida native.  
I have some venues in mind for both the ceremony and reception together but I'd love recommendations for possible Catholic churches (in case I decide to have a full church ceremony), trustworthy vendors, and any other venues I may have missed.
I have my heart set on Key West but if there are any other venues on the other keys that come highly recommended for the right price I could be more flexible.
I intend on traveling to the Keys to check out each and every one as soon as this horrible rain decides to let off.

My dream ceremony & reception venue: Southernmost Mansion in Key West (I have emailed them multiple times for an RFP but have gotten no reply. :( )

Other venues:
Key West Lighthouse
Hemingway House
The Reach (Waldorf Astoria) [pricey]
Hawks Cay (Duck Key) [pricey]

Thank you for any and all advice and/or recommendations!

-Jess

Re: Florida Keys Wedding: Recommendations/Advice Wanted!

• yay! so excited for you.. I will be getting married in Islamorada in January. My fiance has grew up/lived there his whole life. I am having my wedding at a private residence but I do have some of my other vendors chosen... I am using Caribbean Catering for my caterer, they are simply amazing already! I am using Micha Vandiver Photography for my photographer and either Petals with Pizazz or Floral Fantasy for my florist.
  • For photography, look into Savior Productions (http://www.saviorproductions.com/Weddings_Events.html). Beth is an amazing photographer and her husband, Anthony can either be a videographer or second photographer if you want one. I love Beth so much I'm having her come all the way back to NJ (where they're originally from) to do my wedding in August! I'm not sure what their prices are (mine are considerably higher due to travel), but I know she's fair. 

Good luck!
  • Hi! I just got back from our wedding in Islamorada... everything was AMAZING.  We got married at the Islander and had our reception there as well.  Karly and Corie, the event planners, were phenomenal.  Our food was delicious and everyone raved about it.  My flowers were from floral fantasy and they were gorgeous.  Michelle from Endearing Studios was our photographer, she was professional yet fun and had an assistant so I know we got photos from a different angle as well.  The cake and cupcakes were from Publix and they were delicious.  I would give our wedding a 10 out of 10 for sure! 
  • Try Cheeca Lodge & Spa if you're open to Islamorada.
  • I'm having my wedding at The Reach in September and I am so happy about the decision.  I didn't feel that it was more expensive than most.  I felt the location is truly unique (the gazebo is amazing)! If you have a chance you should visit, Nicole is great! 

Hawk's Cay is pretty but I didn't like the setting as much as different locations in the Keys.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards