Knottie Tech Help
Options

Solicitation Spam

@KnotPorscha

Poster mnaella has been posting links to her 'personal blog' that look benign at first glance, but when you go to the blog, is a solicitation for people to fund her honeymoon.  She's been very belligerent to other posters who try to tell her this is against TOS, and is going to other forums to indirectly link to her blog by linking to the original thread.
Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Re: Solicitation Spam

• Options
    And now she is abusively flagging every person that has replied to her thread.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Her original post also included several links to her and her fiance's professional web pages. Does that constitute as advertising?
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    misshart00misshart00 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    @KnotPorscha
    The user had been banned. Was someone around this weekend to ban her or is there an autoban sill in effect? Last I looked, I think there were 12 flags on her post.

And if someone was around to ban her, why didn't they ban the passport spammer too?
  • Options
    Hi @misshart00 we have autofilters and team members working over the weekend for banning. Both that user and the passport spammer were still removed within our 48 hour window.
  • Options
    I understand that you have a 48 hour window to ban. But I don't understand how the poster above got banned in just a couple hours, while the passport spammer (who is very obviously a spammer) took nearly a day to get taken down, and even after he got to very single board.
  • Options
    We have autobanning filters for accounts that are obvious spammers like the passport person.I have to check with tech for a reason why that was not caught immediately. Any posts that are flagged as spam/abuse are reviewed by the team.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards