Moms and Maids

Thank you note to parents of the bride?

Should the bridesmaids write thank you notes to the parents of the bride, since they paid for the wedding? It was a pretty lavish affair (and holy cow, the bride was stunning!), and we were well looked after. Champagne and snacks while getting ready, exceptional hair and makup artist, and everyone made each of us feel like a princess even though it wasn't our day.  :)

I'd like to send them a note, I just don't know if it would seem weird.

Re: Thank you note to parents of the bride?

• edited June 2013
    The bride and groom should write thank you notes to their parents for paying for the wedding. If you would like to write them a note thanking them for their hospitality, I'm sure they would be charmed. It's not weird. 

It sounds like the parents made up for the bride's presumptuous attitude. I'm happy that you had a great time, after all.

• edited June 2013
  • Ok, I think I'll send them a card.

The whole thing turned out to be a lot of fun. Each of us had about an hour and a half with our own hair stylist and makeup artist, and I have to say, we looked pretty amazing. My parents were at the wedding as well, and my dad actually cried when he saw me.

It was an exhausting 14-hour day, but it the ceremony and reception were perfect :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards