Ohio-Cleveland

Bridal Shower Disaster!!!

My "bridal shower" is supposedbto be June 29, My cousins are hosting. I talked to them like mid May about everything I want. The invitations hasnt gone out yet! Its already June10 she's like their going out this week, uhh thats not enough time. The invitation says nothing about it being a bridal shower its just like a regular party invite! And they spelled my name wrong! I just wanna cancel it!!!!!! I dont wanna seem rude but I just dont wanna go along with this mess that their doing! Any suggestions?

Re: Bridal Shower Disaster!!!

• Maybe you could do your own print out to put with the invitations that says something about it being a shower and where you're registered and give it to the person sending out the invites. you can suggest they put it inside the invites. I'm sure people will think that's rude but you do want people to know it's a shower. Make sure they do know how much you appreciate them putting time and effort into the shower too though.  
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Can it be postponed?  I'd also post this question on the etiquette board on the general topics...I'd be curious what they would say.
  • Those are great ideas! I will post it there too to see what they say, im ready to pull my hair out! But I will ask them about the print out idea too. Thanks
  • 1. No one is required to throw you a shower. Showers aren't required at all, actually. If some one is nice enough to throw you one, then great, if not then oh well.

2. You should have no part in planning your shower as it is rude RUDE RUDE to throw a party in your own honor, esp one where the point of the party is gift giving.

3. Your options at this point are to: a) Graciously attend the party that is being hosted by your cousin, accepting that its not a shower; or b) Thank her for her time and effort in planning an event for you and then tell her that you don't want to put her out any further and decline the party. 

DO NOT follow Silverglitter05's advice. It is rude. Either go to the party as it is or decline it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have no advice but wanted to say sorry because that's a sticky situation. I'm sure it's all being done with the best of intentions but somehow got messy. 

I would personally attend but I don't do well with conflict and wouldn't want to hurt feelings because they were probably just trying to be nice. 
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Sorry that they aren't better prepared to plan this event for you. But like pp said, besides telling them your availability & providing a list of who should be invited, the rest is up to them.

I would keep in mind how they handled this going forward with the wedding planning. Meaning, I wouldn't rely on them for major things on my wedding day. Make it so that they just have to show up and help you get to the alter. Don't ask them to do any errands, etc. If you don't expect them to do anything, they can't let you down.

• Yea I do think its rude to a certain point, I will just go and try to have a brave face, I like things how I want them. But they will take no parts in ANYTHING else, if anybody show since they only given ppl like a 2 week notice. Thanks for the comments
  • Hopefully since it's close to your wedding people will realize that it's a shower. Will you come back afterwards and let us know how it went?
  • Yes I sure will. I'll be back
  • Okay, it wasnt as horrible as I thought it would be. I did have fun, they were late setting up and I had to help, and they had spelled my mom street wrong, after we gave them the correct spelling multiple times. Some guests got lost. Overall it was ok, but they will only be guests at my wedding next month! Wow Im getting married next month!! :-)
  • I'm glad it didn't end up as bad as you thought and you had fun. Enjoy the next month and try not to stress. You'll be a wife soon :)
  • Thank you!!! Wow a wife!!! Its starting to sink in :-)
  • Glad it went well! :)
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards