Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding Reviews

bar10521bar10521 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited June 2013 in Massachusetts-Boston
I just got married on Saturday and wanted to take a minute to give a brief review of everything to hopefully help out some other brides.

Venue: Groveland Fairways (Groveland, Ma)
We chose this location because it was one of the most affordable ones we found. I honestly could not have been happier with how everything turned out. Liz is the coordinator there and was so on point during the whole planning process and the entire night. She responds to emails very quickly and was always there to help me get in touch with vendors, recommend people and answer any and all questions I had. She made the night run so smoothly and everything happened perfectly on time thanks to her. She and the team did a great job setting everything up and it was gorgeous. We were able to have the ceremony outside even though it was still a little squishy from the rain the day before. If I had to do it all over again I honestly wouldn't waste my time looking anywhere else. Groveland Fairways and Liz were just what I was looking for.

Catering: Affairs Catering (Rowley, Ma)
Mitch and his team did a fantastic job! They provided water, lemonade and iced tea for our guests to enjoy before the ceremony for no cost. During cocktail hour we had our own dedicated wait staff to bring the bridal party food and drinks so we got to enjoy it all as well. Everyone was raving about the food and how great it was. A friend of mine is super picky and will hardly eat anything and she cleaned her plate that night. Mitch is a great guy and was a pleasure to work with. His responses to all of my questions were quick and very helpful. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer.

Flowers: Flowers by Darlene (Northshore Fruit Basket Salem, Ma)
All of the flowers were beautiful. People kept telling me how much they loved the centerpieces and bouquets and the different arrangements scattered throughout the venue. Everything was perfect and reasonably priced. She does fantastic work and is so friendly. A few weeks before the wedding she had me come by the shop on a Saturday so I could walk through the fridge and see the different pieces she had for another wedding. That was great to check out her work beforehand.

Photographer: Benoit and McCarthy Photography (Danvers, Ma)
Gabby and her assistant Kamal did an amazing job! They were able to get all of the pictures I wanted and Gabby has such a presence that everyone stops to listen to her. She's great at keeping the group in check and on point during all of the pictures. I haven't seen any of them yet but she does great work so I know they'll be beautiful.

Justice of the Peace: James Blanchard (Lynn, Ma)
Jim is a great guy. He customized the ceremony to be exactly what he wanted. He's so friendly and laid back it put me at ease. He had everything down and made the rehearsal and the wedding go so smoothly. It was a perfect ceremony.

Photo Booth: Shutterbooth Boston
We got an email from The Knot for a discount on a photo booth from Shutterbooth Boston and decided to book. It was a great decision! People loved it and kept talking about how much fun it was. A cd with all of the pictures is sent to you a few weeks after the wedding so I can't wait to see everyone's pictures. Jill and Ryan were amazing to work with and answered every question quickly. The attendant that night was a really nice guy and made sure everyone had a great time. 

Hair: Doreen at Charisma Hair Studio (Peabody, MA)
Doreen did an amazing job on my hair. I have super thick hair but she was able to curl it and put it into a beautiful updo. My BMs saw 3 other stylists there and everyone's hair looked amazing. My MOH's hair looked great the next day since she didn't take it down and the woman at breakfast asked her if she was going to a wedding that day.

Make-up: Sara Currao from Rouge Couture (Salem, NH)
Sara did a great job! I have a hard time having someone put eye makeup on me. I blink a lot and have frustrated many make up artists. She was great and understanding though. She took her time and let me take breaks when I needed it. The way she had me look also kept me from blinking like crazy. Everyone looked gorgeous and I got so many compliments on the make up day of. She didn't charge me any travel fees and was super quick and efficient at getting everyone done. 
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards