May 2014 Weddings
Options

Monday wedding?

Is it weird to be married on a monday? Im afraid people wont make it because its a work day. But may 5th is our anniversary so thats why we picked it.

Re: Monday wedding?

• Options
    I wouldn't use the word weird (it has a negative conotation, IMO), but I would say it is uncommon. I would say check with those you most want to be there like parents, siblings, best friends, etc. to make sure they can make it before you pay deposits and are then unable to change if you choose.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It isn't weird, per se...but I wouldn't expect a large turn out. Are you having out of town guests/ will travel be involved?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with PP, I would not say weird just different. Also, make sure the most important people you would like to be there can. If they can make then go for it. It is you guys day and you should do what makes you guys happy!! 
  • Options
    Weekday weddings are uncommon because they tend to be inconvenient for guests.  Our anniversary is May 6, but we didn't even consider it because it is a Tuesday.  It would have to be a fairly short event (ceremony starting at 6 or later and I would expect it to be over by 10) and I wouldn't expect people from out of town to attend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    May 5th was an anniversary for us too and I wish I had gotten married in 2012 when it was a Saturday. Since it falls on a weekday in 2014, we didn't even consider it for the inconvenience factor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards