Not Engaged Yet

Intro

Hi ladies, I have been lurking and posting a bit.  I thought I'd formally introduce myself.

Screen Name: CrazyCatLady3
Significant Other's Age: 33
What You Do: lawyer
What SO Does: finance
State of Relationship: living together; ring has been purchase but I'm not sure when I'm getting it :/
How Long You've Been Together: 2 yrs 4 months
How You Met: popular online site
Fur Babies: 3 of the feline variety
Loves:  Politics/current events, shopping, working out (sometimes), animals
Describe Your Personality: Independent, extroverted
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
I've Been On TK Since: 6 months with this s/n; lurking before for friend's wedding
How You Came to Be On TK: research for friend's wedding
How I like my potatoes:  sliced thin and fried crispy
Favorite book/author: Catch-22

BF has bought the ring (I picked it out) but I don't think he's ready to propose yet.  He's not happy with work at the moment.  We're going to a friend's wedding this weekend so I am going to try my best to focus on that couple's moment and not us.  :)  Since we are in our 30s I do get a lot of questions from people at work and friends about when we are going to make it official.

Re: Intro

• Hi! Welcome to the boards!

The questions about when you are going to make it official really do get annoying! My family is considerably worse than his about asking us this. My mom has been wanting him to propose for years and has told me to give him ultimatums (which I would never do!).

• HI! I like your username. 

Cat pictures, please?

• I'm allergic to cats but hopefully we can still be friends :)

Hi!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Hi! I love your screen name and would also like kitty pictures, please.

What type of law do you practice?
  • Hi and welcome! Ditto the request for photos of the kitties. What are you doing this summer, vacations, etc?
  • How about names of your kitties as well? (If they're in your sig, sorry - I turned signatures off.)

Catch-22 is one of my favorite books. When I took my AP Lit & Comp exam, I was so happy I'd read it because I was able to write one of my essays on Major Major Major Major. That said, I promise that isn't the only reason I like it.
  • Would also like kitty pictures and to know what kind of law you practice. 

Which online website did you meet on? (H and I met on Match)

• CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2013
    BF and I met on Match as well.  It's funny because we actually went to the same college together at the same time (our freshman yr dorms were yards away from each other) but never met in college.  We met 10 years later through an internet dating site!  I like to tell this to people who are apprehensive about trying online dating.

I practice commercial litigation.  The work flow is very feast or famine depending on court scheduling etc.  I am pretty slow right now, but keeping quiet since I am taking vacation to go to this wedding in a few days.

I actually have 2 bosses who flat out told me that my BF is taking advantage of me because we are living together and he hasn't proposed yet.  What am I supposed to say to that?  One asks for regular updates as to where my ring is.

I would love to share cat pics but am having some issues with the website.  I'm going to try a different browser and will come back...

edited June 2013

OK, cat pics!  I switched from Chrome to IE and it seems to be working now, but I am going to have to do them individually because the formatting gets messed up when I try to do multiple pics.

This was my beloved Serge a few months before he passed away last year from a heart condition.  He lived for 16.5 yrs and I had him for 10.  He was the best cat ever--loved to cuddle and super friendly to strangers!  Nickname: Sergie.

• This is Tigger, who we got from a local rescue group a month after Serge passed away.  He was brought into the local kill shelter as a stray with severe degloving wounds on 3 of his legs, and they thought they might have to amputate.  The rescue group pulled him out and got him all patched up.  It look him a while to learn to trust, probably due to a traumatic past, but now he sleeps curled up in my armpit every night.

imageimage
    edited June 2013

These are Little (white) and Phoenix (black).  They are littermates, now around 5 yrs old.  Phoenix is a one-eyed kitty due to an eye infection she had as a kitten.  We got them from the same rescue group a little after adopting Tigger.  It was so hard to just get one!  They love to groom each other.  Little is a big mush who likes to be held and purrs with a blender-like sound when you pick him up.  Phoenix likes to camp out on your lap.

imageimageimage
  • What adorable kitties!
  • SO CUTE!

• Thanks, everyone!

rdr, your wedding pic is beautiful.
  • Your kitties are adorable!

Also, I can't believe your bosses would say something like that to you! It's completely none of their business and a way old fashioned way of thinking anyway!

• Hi and welcome.  Your kitties are so cute!

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Welcome! Your kitties are so adorable! Ditto on what others have said about your bosses. Makes me appreciate my boss and her constant reminders to me and my coworker (we're both in our mid-20s) to slow down and enjoy life. There's never pressure from her to "grow up" and "settle down".

I still feel awkward telling people that BF and I met on a dating website (we used OkCupid) but I'm glad when I see others who have and are also in successful, long-term relationships. I like to think it was fate and random chance that brought us together through the website because I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

• Hello there! Love the username, as I love cats as well. 

My colleagues make similar comments relating to marriage, but more BSC like "You should really let BF know that you are going to have replace your stationery, name on your desk, etc. Why don't you just order them now? Hint hint BF!"

• Kitties are so cute!  :)

I hear you on feast or famine with legal work.  I practice in corporate and some days (like today...at work by 5 am and likely won't leave till late tonight) are terrible while others are so slow.

• I met my husband through MySpace, so I love hearing about other couples who met online. Welcome CCL (that's CrazyCatLady, fyi). 

Do you like wine? How do you like your potatoes? Mashed, smashed, fried, baked? What was your favorite vacation of all time? Where is the wedding that you're going to this weekend?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I'm actually not a wine person, but the girl whose wedding I'm going to this weekend in SFO quit her corporate job a few yrs back and went to wine school.  She started this fun website about wine pairings: http://www.winowoman.com/

The wedding is going to be in the rotunda in SF city hall.  The ceremony, and then the reception--they rented out the whole space.  It should be beautiful!  
  • SF City Hall is a lovely location, and the weather shouldn't be too bad. (Don't be fooled by California, SF is cold!) Have fun at the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards