African American Weddings
Options

DIY bouquets

Ok DIY ladies I need some help. For those of you that did your own bouquets and bouts what kind of flowers did you use ( real vs silk) and how difficult was it. Please post some pic inspirations if you have them.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY bouquets

• Options
    For the bridal party and parents I used silk flowers. For me and DH I used real flowers. For the BP I used gerber daisys with a peacock feather. For the bouts i just took the stem from the gerber daisy and cut it then I hot glued the daisy and feather to stem. Simply wrapped ribbon around it, hot glued it to seal and I was done. The bouquets I used gerber daisys, hydrangeas, and feathers. I used 3 bushes of the hydrangeas for fullness and in the center and the gp's went around it. Stuck the feathers down and wrapped with ribbon and was done. My bouquet I bought from walmart. (I took 2 flowers out for DH bout.. wrapped with ribbon, sealed it and was done.) I took 2 bouquets, put them together..wrapped with ribbon and sealed it..very easy for me. With my BP being small it was cheaper for me to do it this way. Here are some pics.
  • Options
    The 1st pic is the girls bouquets 2nd pic is bouts and the 3rs one is the moms and grandmothers corsages.
  • Options
    leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Thank you ma'am. I'm contemplating doing the bridesmaids myself and paying for mine. Is that gold ribbon around the handle?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Mrsbad13..those are nice! Can I send you all of my supplies and you hook it up lol
  • Options
    I'm not sure what the gold ribbon is called but it from Hobby Lobby in the ribbon section. They have it in silver too.

@cococlux5585 thank you. You sure can lol
  • Options
    Im having my cascading bouquet made (silk flowers im thinking to keep it...not decided ) but ordering silk lowers and peacock feathers from silkflowersfactory.com, for bouts, corsages and bp bouquets....really easy....ribbon, a glue gun and imagination and youre good!
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Options
    leatbaleatba member
    Girl you just saved me some money. I'm glad I didn't pay for those flowers the other day.
    Im having my cascading bouquet made (silk flowers im thinking to keep it...not decided ) but ordering silk lowers and peacock feathers from silkflowersfactory.com, for bouts, corsages and bp bouquets....really easy....ribbon, a glue gun and imagination and youre good!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

dang @leatba i'm late! but here are mine. The bouts- SUPER EASY. bouquets- eh, and corsages- were a mutha to DIY. I used silk because we had a winter wedding. Someone had told me that if i used real -they'd wilt super fast in the cold. i didn't take the chance. Also i'm gonna come back and edit (add a photo). My friend had real flowers (she bought at sams club) and she diy'd hers and her bridal party the night before, they were super cheap and beautiful! Silk flowers are more expensive, especially when you can go to grocers and pick up a dozen for $10-15.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    leatbaleatba member
    edited June 2013
    @footballwife77 I haven't started yet. I refuse to buy flowers for heffas without a dress. If you don't mind me asking how many stems did you use for yours? I feel I have to use silk flowers because I want turquoise and silver flowers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used the same supplies as tash.. but I used brooches and pearls as well.... I definitely spent a pretty penny...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    you are veeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry welcome!! we brokebootz over in these parts! had to find a cheap BUT NICE route lol
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Options
    leatbaleatba member
    I had found a lady on eBay to do what I wanted bucept she wanted $350. Ummmmmm no
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My. FINAL PRODUCT!!!!!!
    @leatba.... ummm..350 honestly is a good price.. imo.. I know how much I spent and how much time I took to make it.. BUT... I did do what I wanted and for exactly what I wanted
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    leatbaleatba member
    Mari that is so beautiful. What I wanted was basic. For a couple hundred more I could have had real flowers. I'm being cheap because I never wanted flowers to begin with. I need something I can throw away with no regrets
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ohhh ok.. gotcha.. then do it yourself... take your time and make what you want.. but after all the work I put into this thing right here... im keep that thing for LIFE.. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @leatba.. I considered for a hot quick minute to do my own flowers but didnt but I was thinking the same thing football wife said with the flowers from SAMs because the great thing about them is they include all the flowers you will need like you just take It out the box cut the stem and put in water until the wedding or you can buy the flowers from them in bulk and assemble yourself .. I'm feeling you on not buy flowers for people with no dress... That made me laugh

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    @leatba i'll count them but what i did was went to joanns with their coupons. they have a "bunch" of roses either in white or ivory for $15 or 17 dollars or so. i bought 2 of those then about 6 silk ivory peony's and i also bought some "rananculas" (roses). I was trying to recreate my inspiration bouquet. So i had about 15 stems in there. the rest i used for the bouqets/bouts/and corsages.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    nursing2u OMG honey that is soooo pretty...I love love love them! Good job to you!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Tira... thanks.. so proud if Myself...

FI tries to take credit for how well it turned out.. he picked it up and said "I didnt know it would be that heavy".... haha.. yeah... can b used as a weapon at the same damn time..lol!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOL....okay tell him dont try to run from you or that will be thrown at his head lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Nahhh.. not him. . Im talking about other people
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    leatbaleatba member
    @footballwife77 thanks. I'm gonna go play with some dollar store flowers first. Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards