North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Beach Wedding Venues

I am looking for beach wedding venues that could possibly hold up to 200 people. This is the most frustrating thing I've ever done and I give wedding planners a ton of credit! I am looking in the areas between Emerald Isle and the Outer Banks. My family is know for drinking so the place would have to be alcohol friendly. Thanks for any and all help!

Re: Beach Wedding Venues

• Options
    Have you thought about renting a large beach house? We just had our wedding at the Wild Horse in Carova, and while we only had about 55 people at our wedding, the caretakers said they recently had a wedding there with 300 people. The only thing is it's in the 4x4 area, so you might need to provide transportation for your guests. Other than that, though, the house is absolutely gorgeous!
  • Options
    Ashley, thank you for your post! Do you have any pricing information on the Wild Horse?
  • Options
    doceridoceri member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Some other venues that you could hold that many is The Currituck Club, Whalehead Club, The Sanderling, and Jeanette's Pier....I don't know if many of the others could hold 200....but anyone else please jump in!
  • Options
    The Outer Banks Wedding Assoc is a great place to look. Www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org

• Options
    http://www.twiddy.com/homes/4x4/swan-island-estates/wild-horse.aspx

I really loved The Sanderling - but it was out of our budget. Jeanette's pier has STUNNING views.
  • Options
    From what I can see, Wild Horse allows 100 guests, I think to do a beach house wedding with that large number might be difficult. We had our wedding at the Sanderling, and we absolutely loved it, but I know it may be a little more expensive than others. I would try Jeanette's Pier, I think that would be a good fit for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I responded to mbrosious in another post, but I just had my wedding at Wild Horse last week.  While my wedding only had about 55 guests, the caretakers said they recently had a wedding there with 300 people.  The house is soo huge and has so many decks, that I think you could have a wedding with 200 guests there, especially if you have nice weather and can utilize the decks too.
  • Options
    We were married at the event house the love boat in Hatteras nc. I am pretty sure it would hold close to 200 people. It is sound front, but was absolutely beautiful. We did everything there. The welcome dinner the night before, the wedding and reception, and the brunch the day after.
  • Options
    There is also the Beach Klub in Avon. It is owned by the same people that have the love boat. It is ocean front and awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards