August 2013 Weddings

Shower and other parties

So I see alot of ladies on here already having their showers and I was just wondering when do these generally take place?  My BM was asking when I wanted to have one and I was thinking "um I have no idea because I'm not supposed to host or plan my own party".  So I was just curious if others are having them early or if there's any sort of timeframe people go by?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Shower and other parties

• I am not sure what is expected, but my sister planned it for when was convenient for all the bridesmaids and it happened to be on the weekend FI was out of town on his bachelor weekend so that worked out well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My shower is June 22 (next Saturday!).  I believe showers usually take place anytime during the last 3 months before the wedding.  Mine's next Saturday, because my MOH could fly in from Miami that weekend and all of my BMs, my mom, and I were available.  You're right that you're not supposed to plan your own parties, but if your BM is asking when you want your shower then it's helpful to give her dates that work for you.
  • BunnyChiiBunnyChii member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    I just had my shower last night (it was wonderful!) and it was planned for this week because my MOH will be leaving for Indonesia next week and won't be back until about two weeks before the wedding. As a PP said, I think they usually take place within 3 months of the wedding, but I may be wrong.

Also, some people have multiple showers (my mother had 3 - one with each side of the family and one with friends) while others have none. So it really changes with each bride!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • ok thanks!  I just really wasn't sure what to tell her other than I'm open pretty much whenever so just let me know if I have to show up somewhere :)  Unfortuntely most of the bridal party is spread out so only one BM will actually be there with other friends who are invited to the wedding.  It's just too expensive for people to fly to Texas for a shower then CA for the wedding.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine is next Sat too!! So excited! I think they are probably just asking you a date that would work for you, because obviously you have to be there :) I wouldn't consider that rude at all or like you are trying to plan your own wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine will be July 27 because  that's when all the bridesmaids will be in town and it also happens to be FI's bachelor weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards