Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Not sure what to do when it comes to my hair...

So when it comes to my hair it is either down or in a pony tail. Nothing else. Lol

For my wedding I know for sure I want to have my hair up somehow but I am not sure if I should have it 1/2 up and 1/2 down or what so I was hoping I could get some help. 

1. My hair is thin (not string thin but thick)
2. I have a strapless dress (I don't know if I that effects it or not).

Re: Not sure what to do when it comes to my hair...

• Options

Hi! i just responded to a very similar note :) its really difficult to decide a hair style - but i really think 1/2 up 1/2 down is very elegant and pretty! I would say maybe look into getting extensions for your wedding day? my friend also has hair that will never hold a curl / updo's get loose within an hour, etc. well her hairdresser recommended extensions and she looked gorgeous on her wedding day!

Hope this helps!

Anniversary

Vacation
  • Options
    I have stick straight hair and was able to get nice curls for my wedding that lasted all day.  I did half up/half down.   Best advice is to get a trial so you hair stylist can play around until you find something you like.
  • Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    Thank you both for your advice. I have my trial booked already but I just wanted to see what people on here would have to say. Better to have too many options than none at all :)
  • Options

When is your wedding?  Is it outside or inside?  Will it be hot and humid?  How well does your hair hold a curl?

For summer weddings when it is hot I tend to like hair up because it atleast keeps your neck a bit cooler and you wouldn't have to worry about the heat or humidity making your hair look a bit crazy.

If your hair doesn't hold a curl that well I would suggest an updo.  My friend who just got married wore her hair down and usually her hair holds a curl great but by the end of the night it was a bit sad looking, but she also has super long hair so that probably didn't help much with the weight pulling down on the curls.

I think your best option would be to talk to your hairstylist and see what she would recommend for your type of hair.

And FWIW, I prefer to see brides with updos.  I just don't think hair down in loose curls really goes with the formality of a wedding dress, but that is just my opinion.

• Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member

When is your wedding?  Is it outside or inside?  Will it be hot and humid?  How well does your hair hold a curl?

For summer weddings when it is hot I tend to like hair up because it atleast keeps your neck a bit cooler and you wouldn't have to worry about the heat or humidity making your hair look a bit crazy.

If your hair doesn't hold a curl that well I would suggest an updo.  My friend who just got married wore her hair down and usually her hair holds a curl great but by the end of the night it was a bit sad looking, but she also has super long hair so that probably didn't help much with the weight pulling down on the curls.

I think your best option would be to talk to your hairstylist and see what she would recommend for your type of hair.

And FWIW, I prefer to see brides with updos.  I just don't think hair down in loose curls really goes with the formality of a wedding dress, but that is just my opinion.

The wedding will be in July. The ceremony will be in a church BUT the church has no A/C. I honestly do not know if it will be hot and humid but I'm thinking it would probably just be hot - not really humid. My hair right now is about 2 inches past my shoulders and usually will hold a curl pretty well. When I wear my hair down and its a bit humid out my hair will tend to curl (loosely) on its own. 

I was thinking of all up as one of my ideas but I have a strapless dress and I have been told that if you wear your all up with a strapless dress it makes your neck look longer than it actually is. Is that true?

My hair is long (like I said 2 inches past my shoulders) but it is not heavy. I don't know if that would be a factor or not.

Thanks for your suggestions and opinion. I really appreciate it. Like I said in my original post when it comes to hair I either have it down or in a pony tail so "fancy hair" is something I really don't know. Lol.
  • Options

No, I don't believe that wearing your hair all up with a strapless dress will make your neck look longer then it actually is.

When you go for your trial I would wear a strapless top or just a tank where you can pull the straps down so you can get a better feel for what you will look like in your dress.  And try both up and down styles as well.

• Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    Thanks for the tank top suggestion. I didn't think about that. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards